Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicago BBQ related shops??

SWMBO is dragging me into Chicago in mid February.  Are there any well equipped BBQ related shops in the Schaumberg area that might be worth checking out?  We will also be going to Chinatown and I will be buying charcoal at Berger Bros.  Save a man from perishing of boredom. 

A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    good question... cant think of anywhere off the top of my head out that way but i am sure there is or someone will chime in.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    The Spice House on north Wells St. has some pretty good rubs. I have enjoyed their Bronzeville mix very much.

Not exactly BBQ, and I don't know if your travel circumstances will allow, but I go to Chi just to stock up on sausages. Gene's Deli (2 locations, great Kiszka, if they have it), Paulina Mrkt (many many varieties, all good that i have had), Publican Quality Meats (trendy, but what I've had was exceptionally good.)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    To piggy back off the last post, every time I'm in Chicago I make sure to pickup some Half Acre and Pipeworks beers.  Also it's a must to have a Pequod's pie at least once during every trip.

Enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I agree, bring the sausages home to BBQ and eat Steaks or Italian while in Chicago. An Italian beef sangwich from Al's is up there with most BBQ.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    This place seems to be pretty good.

http://biggreeneggchicago.com/
    Steve 

• XLBalco

@yemtrey- that is where i bought my egg.  that is on the north side of the city and not close at all to schaumburg.. if the OP is going to Berger- that would put it within reach though.

• YEMTrey
    XLBalco said:

@yemtrey- that is where i bought my egg.  that is on the north side of the city and not close at all to schaumburg.. if the OP is going to Berger- that would put it within reach though.

Cool.  I was just doing a simple google search and trying to find some places.  Thanks for that info.
    Steve 

• XLBalco

they are the one that pushed me over the buying edge into getting an egg.. they held a little demo at carmichael's steakhouse and it made a believer out of my wife.

im in the sw burbs and i have yet to find a nice bbqstore... there is one way up in winetka called backyard bbq store and everytime i am up that way for work i make it a point to go in there and get some dizzy pig.. they have a nice spread in there of accessories.

• MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292

This is where i got my egg.

http://www.backyardbbqstore.com/

It is a pretty good place to get BBQ stuff.  It is in Wilmette.  Probably about a 45minute drive from Schaumburg.  The spice house also has a location in Evanston, which is close to Wilmette.

• XLBalco
    that is who i was referring to...  not in winetka but wilmette