Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

salmon receipes

anyone have a favorite receipe for salmon?

Comments

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Fillet with skin - 
    Olive oil
    Salt
    Pepper

Rub the flesh with the olive oil then add S&P to your liking. Grill direct with the skin side down when it is done the flesh will separate from the skin, slide a large spatula between the skin and flesh. Serve!

The skin will lift right off the grill. Chill what you don't eat right away and use on salads, sandwiches, eggs, whatever.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    What @DMurf says, this works very well, if the salmon is sockeye. If I am feeling a little lazy, I'll plank it on a cedar shake. Same method, the shake just makes it easier to get on, off the grill and serve......

Family likes some lemon slices on top and maybe a touch of dill for anything other than sockeye.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    I sometimes will take maple syrup and Kahlua as a sauce before cooking on a cedar plank.

Had a small b-day party recently and the main course was a 6lb salmon direct from Oregon, compliments of a friend who lives there 6 months of the year and here the other 6.

Salmon, Birthday Party, Richard Fl

INGREDIENTS:
    1 6 Lbs Whole Pacific Salmon
    4 Lemons, Sliced
    1 Bunch Dill
    1 Stick Butter
    Salt, Pepper, Garlic Seasoning
    Veggies
    3 Medium Zucchinis, Wedged
    6 Medium Sweet Peppers
    Dizzy Pig PineApple Head

PROCEDURE:
    1 Took the 6 Lbs of Pacific salmon and seasoned with lemon slices, chopped dill butter patties, salt, pepper and garlic seasoning.

2 Wrapped in Heavy duty aluminum foil and placed on Medium BGE indirect at 350 for 50 minutes. Pulled when was 145°F

3 Had some zuccini wedges and sweet peppers marinated in Italian Salad Dressing and then sprinkled with Dizzy Pig Pineapplehead seasoning. The Idea came from MollyShark a few days ago. Great idea!. Placed on tray and set the tray on top of the foil pouch. All done at same time.

4 A few left overs.

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Lived in Medford, OR for a number of years loved it when my FIL brought in a fresh caught steelhead from the Rogue River. Nothing better available anywhere.

That looks like a mighty fine meal.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Soy sauce
    Brown sugar
    Evo
    Mustard.

Marinade.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491

APRICOT & JALAPENO GLAZE

Tbs

vegetable oil

jalapenos, cut into rings (*see note*)

Tbs

garlic, minced

½

cup

white wine

Tbs

whole grain mustard

cup

apricot preserves

Procedure

Heat the vegetable oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the jalapenos and sauté them until they begin to caramelize, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and stir; add the wine to the pan before the garlic begins to brown. Bring to a boil and cook until wine is reduced by half, about three minutes. Add the mustard and preserves and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool completely.

This is one of our favorite sauces.  I plank the salmon and cook raised grate, direct to 130 - 135.

Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    I always do it simple.  Olive oil, grape vines or alder for smoke, and cooked indirect at 350.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • jbreed
    jbreed Posts: 98
    I get my Salmon from Costco usually. wash it, olive oil both sides.  I use a rub from williams sonoma called Potlatch Seasoning (I've tried 7 or 8 other salmon seasonings and this stands out far ahead).  then go direct on a cedar plank @ 350 for 10-15 minutes.  Plank goes on first until you hear it crackle, then put Salmon on. Once on the plank, i spoon on capers and sliced lemon circles layed on top.  the rub and capers really make the salmon in my experience and opinion.  good luck
    Castle Rock, CO - always a Husker
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    • Making your own Potlatch Seasoning.
    • 4 parts kosher salt
    • 3 parts each chili powder and black pepper
    • 1 part each ground cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, celery salt, garlic power, onion powder, dried oregano
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • I cook and eat a LOT of salmon.  Skin on or skin off, both work.  If skin off then you turn once, skin on just grill with skin down.  Olive oil, your favorite rub...raging river is good but there are a lot of good rubs available, then add a little maple syrup.  I cook it direct with alder wood.  Just do not overcook it.