Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To Mangrates or Not To Mangrates that is the Question…

Options
With so many conflicting reviews and critiques on the product, I feel torn with the choice at hand….. Can someone please assist in my plight…?

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

Comments

• CavemanCook
    Options

Sure. I will share my thoughts and must say… I wrestled with the same decision many years ago.

What can I say about the Mangrates that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, or the iPhone.... this is one of the greatest inventions of all time. My wife and I would argue constantly over the BGR sear marks. It's one of those guy responsibilities that cannot be taken lightly.  You know, the old "I spent the entire day rearing OUR children, maybe YOU can pitch in a little and Sear Me Some Meat and Vegetables?!?!" and of course, "You think I have the energy to slave over a hot BGE for your grill marks Woman! I worked a 12 hour shift just to come home to THIS!?!?!"

These are the things that can destroy an entire relationship. It got to the point where our children could sense the tension. The minute I heard our 6-year-old girl in her bedroom, re-enacting our daily searing drama with her Barbie dolls, I knew we had to make a change. That's when I found MANGRATES. Our marriage has never been healthier, AND we've even incorporated it into our lovemaking. THANKS MANGRATES! I hope this review helps all those undecided.

• CavemanCook
    Options

You are a freak CavemanCook!

• CavemanCook
    Options

Guilty as charged

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    And an adzole! We like that here! Brilliant!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Options

Our marriage has never been healthier, AND we've even incorporated it into our lovemaking. 

Forum Rule #1:  Pictures, or it never happened.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Caveman, I would call you unstable, but that would be the pot calling the mangrate black. As our sage, our llama, you channel the many ways of the Mangrate. Espousing them from your mountaintop, your Shangri la. I will bang my gong as you meditate in the following waters, with the incense of the Egg following over you. May you eat your meat, eat it well. The Mangrates command!
  • CavemanCook
    Options
    My wife just told me "the next time you say you don't have time for something, I will remind you of that mangreates post" hahahah!!

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I think caveman and eggcelsior work for mangrates...;-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited January 2013
    Options
    We do not strive for fortune. Nay, nay! We are merely soothsayers preaching the gospel of the Mangrate! Taken by Zeus, returned by Prometheus, the mangrate is man's. It was Prometheus that brought us the mangrates, awash in the flame of Olympus. As punishment, he was bound to Kazbec mountain, liver devoured nightly. Replicated today by man's liver devoured by alcohol, only to return anew with the next sun. Zeus sent us Pandora as our punishment, her box containing the evil that we know today as the gasser; bane of the Egg. Fear not, mangrate unites! We must no forsake Prometheus, nay, we will not forsake thee, Mangrates! No mangrates, no fire. No fire, no life! Let us place the mangrates on our grids in reverence! Bask in the warmth of it's glory. Eat the blood of the Mangrate! Eat, friends, eat! May meat and Mangrates be with you, eggdom. hail the iron rule of the Mangrate!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    If this thread turns into this then we have a lot of literary genius to look forward to: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1145523/weve-been-insulted/p1
    Boom
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This forum has gotten fun again. Centex is pleased.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    We do not strive for fortune. Nay, nay! We are merely soothsayers preaching the gospel of the Mangrate! Taken by Zeus, returned by Prometheus, the mangrate is man's. It was Prometheus that brought us the mangrates, awash in the flame of Olympus. As punishment, he was bound to Kazbec mountain, liver devoured nightly. Replicated today by man's liver devoured by alcohol, only to return anew with the next sun. Zeus sent us Pandora as our punishment, her box containing the evil that we know today as the gasser; bane of the Egg. Fear not, mangrate unites! We must no forsake Prometheus, nay, we will not forsake thee, Mangrates! No mangrates, no fire. No fire, no life! Let us place the mangrates on our grids in reverence! Bask in the warmth of it's glory. Eat the blood of the Mangrate! Eat, friends, eat! May meat and Mangrates be with you, eggdom. hail the iron rule of the Mangrate!

Eggcelsior the mushrooms your eating aren't portabellos. Love your input.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser