Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What i get for not reading the rules....

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    newegg13 said:
    You guys should really take it easy. Did he break a rule? Sure. Did he lie and try to promote a product like Mr. Mangrate? No. At least he's honest. How about we have a little respect and ease off on the unprovoked name calling? You're grown ups, and it's just a BBQ forum. Jeese people.
    i liked the tables, wish he left it up longer, maybe someone would have bought one and posted about it to keep his name out there longer. bge has a point with there rules there and theres no telling if he is honest or not but he did gain some respect for simply removing his post
    I agree. The initial pic was really nice. The price made my eyes big, but once I considered what he offers(if real) and the quality of parts. $ for $, it rivals anything offered commercially.
  • chamlin
    chamlin Posts: 19
    @fishlessman,

Thank you.  i deleted the post because i was too lazy to read the dang rules...who reads those agreements anyway...Just check the box.  That was my mistake, for sure.  I was not trying to spam anyone.  I certainly learned my lesson.  Thanks to Mr. Michigan, i see that i still have some work to do on my website.  That said, if you know of anyone that is interested, and is local, please pass them my way.  my website is www.chadhamlin.com.  

Again, i wasnt trying to spam, just the wrong place.  Perhaps one of you can help me cook a better brisket...Ive mastered just about everything else, but i cant seem to cook a brisket worth a darn.

Take care,
  • Chamlin, I think the tables you posted on Craigslist are very nice.  I do understand that posting here for self promotion/selling items is frowned upon, but I still can appreciate what you are selling and If you were closer to me I would even give you some business.  I know as a forum member "even a lurker" it would be nice if we had a dedicated section where people could promote their egg businesses or sell their egg related items (this could even be a way to generate site revenue).  I wish the best to you and your family and hope things get better.
  • chamlin said:
    @fishlessman,

Thank you.  i deleted the post because i was too lazy to read the dang rules...who reads those agreements anyway...Just check the box.  That was my mistake, for sure.  I was not trying to spam anyone.  I certainly learned my lesson.  Thanks to Mr. Michigan, i see that i still have some work to do on my website.  That said, if you know of anyone that is interested, and is local, please pass them my way.  my website is www.chadhamlin.com.  

Again, i wasnt trying to spam, just the wrong place.  Perhaps one of you can help me cook a better brisket...Ive mastered just about everything else, but i cant seem to cook a brisket worth a darn.

Take care,
    Welcome to the club.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• newegg13 said:
    You guys should really take it easy. Did he break a rule? Sure. Did he lie and try to promote a product like Mr. Mangrate? No. At least he's honest. How about we have a little respect and ease off on the unprovoked name calling? You're grown ups, and it's just a BBQ forum. Jeese people.
    i liked the tables, wish he left it up longer, maybe someone would have bought one and posted about it to keep his name out there longer. bge has a point with there rules there and theres no telling if he is honest or not but he did gain some respect for simply removing his post
    Here you go...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/for/3522296262.html

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873

@chamlin,

Those are nice looking tables. I agree with the group that you shouldn't solicit on here but I bet there are enough people searching through Craig's List for Egg stuff that you will get a lot of hits. $700 seems steep but I'm sure people pay more than that.

You posted at a bad time, there have been a few questionable "endorsements" of products here lately. I appreciate you at least being up front about your intentions. I think this forum needs a place you can post messages like that without them going out to everyone.

XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Eggcelsior
    @chamlin, Do you ship? I am looking for some thing similar to this as my daughter is about to hit the "draws on walls" stage. Your stuff online does look great.

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited January 2013
    @eggcelsior

Send a PM to him. Also his phone number is in the CL ad.

• Eggcelsior
    @eggcelsior

Send a PM to him. Also his phone number is in the CL ad.
    Forgot about that...
  • No worries, just trying to help you out.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

@chamlin - sorry to hear about your divorce. That is a bummer, I went through one in the past and I know its tough. Your tables are nice and obviously some skill goes into them, but this forum (like most other forums out there) does not allow selling products. You have to see if from the eyes of the people who use this forum on a daily basis. We are here to share information, to learn and help each other out. What would it be like if every Joe out there who sold a bbq product got on here and daily posted items for sale? We'd be flooded with posts for bbq rubs, sauces, marinades, thermometers, pit controllers, grill covers, mangrates, accessories and tables. We would have to sift through all the posts to see pics of bbq, new recipes and techniques. Not sure how long people would stick around if that were to happen. So there are rules to stop that kind of thing.

I think its cool that you have had an Egg for 15 years. I would love to see some of your cooks and learn new things from you. Maybe had you been posting all along and mentioned that you could build tables if anybody was interested, that would be different. instead, you show up one day out of the blue trying to make money off of us. Not the best approach.

Things sometimes get lost in translation online, I get that. What I said was sarcastic, but I knew this was going to blow up. I just happened to be one of the first to read it and respond.

Have a blessed day.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• chamlin
    @ Griffin, no disrespect taken.  As i mentioned to some others, im not a "forum guy".  I mentioned to my brother what happened and he just laughed at me.  That said, i apologize, and hopefully you can see that I was not trying to spam you, or anything else.  Consider me indoctrinated into the forum world.  

I was introduced to the Egg by my neighbor, who bought his 25 years ago, in the parking lot from Mr. Fisher himself.  Ive been hooked since then.  Like i mentioned, being from Georgia, i have pretty much mastered pork.  When i ask a close friend of mine from Texas about tips on smoking a brisket, he always responds by saying...."you are from Georgia, you have no business smoking a brisket".  I just laugh and move on.

Hope ya'll wont kick me out.
    Chad,
  • Griffin

I think that is pretty cool that you bought one from Mr. Fisher himself in the parking lot.

Brisket is a tough creature to master. I've put out some decent ones over the years and quite a few that flopped. I wish I could cook them more, but life always seems to keep us to busy and we often can't find enough people to make doing one worthwhile. They just don't reheat like pork does. Try travistrick's brisket. Seems to get pretty good results, although I'm not speaking from experience. I haven't tried one yet. Damn, I'm a bit embarrassed now that I stop and think how long its been since I've done one.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138233/brisket-how-i-do-it/p1

Sorry for the rocky start, but welcome aboard. Post some cooks with pics and this will all quickly be forgotten.

Rowlett, Texas

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Chad, I think your friend from Texas is just afraid of losing their "Texas Brisket" moniker. I live in Johns Creek but am from the Chicago area and I can cook a  brisket. The last one I cooked I followed Bubba Tims recipe and it was fantastic. The key is "NEVER cook to time or temp ALWAYS cook to tender". Your tables look great by the way even though you took a beating on the forum...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • chamlin
    Let me try this again.  

My name is Chad, i live in Atlanta.  I have never been an active forum guy, but there is certainly a lot of knowledge on here.  Most of the time, i find myself cooking pulled pork, because thats what people in Ga. like.  I, personally love ribs.  I like them to be "fall off the bone" regardless of what competition judges say.  They are my ribs, ill cook them how i damn well please.  Other than that, i find myself doing pizzas more often than not because my girls love to make them.  As i have stated, i cant cook a brisket for ****, which my texas friends love to remind me about.  I have cooked everything from hamburgers to smoked and stuffed pablano peppers.  I refuse to buy a dig-i-que, simply because i think it ruins the fun.  below, i have attached a picture of my set up.  It is the first table that i ever built (but we wont talk about that).  I am the owner of a large, but when i am cooking ribs i always wish that i had an XL.  

Thats me, in a nutshell....
  • Eggcelsior
    chamlin,
    You sound like you fit right in. If that is the first table you built, you are way ahead of most of us.

Welcome aboard!
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    This whole thread makes my  =((...Cant we all just :x
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Griffin
    You're definitely ahead of me in building tables. Someday I'll get around to it, but for right now, moving it around in the nest has worked. I'd like to build one and have a spot for my mini to go in as well.

Rowlett, Texas

• Aww, I feel like a big green egg family now... group hug!

• Eggcelsior

Aww, I feel like a big green egg family now... group hug!

I love you, man! Let's chive on like we mean it my huevos verdes brother!
  • I can't stop crying.  This is so beautiful !!!!!!  :-&

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I can't stop crying.  This is so beautiful !!!!!!  :-&
    Please take your meds.................
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Gary on guitar, Mickey on tambourine One, Two, Three

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Seriously though...does anyone actually read the rules when they sign up?  I think I only know one person that reads the whole end-user-agreement when he signs up to anything.  And he's so uptight he's got a stick up his ass with a stick up its ass. ;)

Gary on guitar, Mickey on tambourine One, Two, Three

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbayah

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

That's the spirit!
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76

Seriously though...does anyone actually read the rules when they sign up?  I think I only know one person that reads the whole end-user-agreement when he signs up to anything.  And he's so uptight he's got a stick up his ass with a stick up its ass. ;)

I didn't read it, kinda reminds me of the episode of south park about the apple user agreement. Lol

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• Eggcelsior
    I read it. Only because as I was signing up, a certain thread was in " full swing ". I needed to see what kind of popcorn was allowed.
  • There are rules? Listen, there are rules, and no one reads them. There is also etiquette and that is what we all follow.

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    chamlin said:
     I refuse to buy a dig-i-que, simply because i think it ruins the fun. 
    I think its so much fun!
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Eggcelsior

There are rules? Listen, there are rules, and no one reads them. There is also etiquette and that is what we all follow.

Don't we call it eggiquette?