Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Rest of the Story

Options

Some friends of ours came up for the weekend. They're thinking about moving from Austin to Dallas. The guy was actually my college room mate. Anyway, word got out and suddenly a bunch of our mutual friends wanted to see them and we were lookiong at 17 people for dinner. Mrs. G is still out of town and a bit bummed that she missed it all.

Anyway, I started out by making a chocolate pecan bourbon pie. Turns out the AR works just fine instead of the placesetter.

Once that was done, it was time to start on the chicken. Again using the AR and using the oval stone, I started with 11 thighs on the next level up, then 1 thigh and a bunch of legs on the top level and finally finished with more legs on the BGE grate extender on top of that.

That's a whole mess of chicken and let me tell you, it really drops the temp (come to think of it, the thermometer might have been hitting a piece of chicken).

Regardless of the temps, the chicken took a lot longer to cook than I was expecting. Not sure how long it took, but it gone done eventually. Was served up with some twice baked taters and some green bean, onion, bacon casserole thingee that people brought over.

Less people showed up than we were origianlly told, so we have a bunch of chicken left over. Mrs. G doesn't know it, but she gets home today and she's gonna be eating leftover chicken this week till its gone.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments