Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone know if I use a table nest is a paver or pice of ceramic nessasary??

I built a new table and I am going to use a nest...do iI need to use a piec of tile under the nest??

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    There is no doubt the 2" space provided by a table nest will be OK from a heat perspective, BUT, any ash that falls out will not care if it falls 2" or 2'.... Still a strong fire possibility...
    A fire "proof" surface under the nest is the best solution. 
    I have a table nest with tile under the egg. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Just what Skiddy said.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I never thouh of the hot ash falling on it  I am kind of new to the BGE
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Skookum looking table, if you can find a piece of stainless steel or even black metal if you don't want the higher profile of a paver. Even a a couple of loose lay 16"X16" dark tile, matching your top would do. They do not have to be cemented, the egg weight will keep them in place. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • OziEgg
    OziEgg Posts: 48
    When I got sick of waiting for the table nest I ordered from BGE direct to show up I used paving stones.

It works fine and I think it looks ok too.

Still waiting for the table nest by the way....
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    If you have the cut out piece of granite, that would look cool under it. Nice table, by the way !
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama