Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brazilian BBQ Recipes

Options
I love going to a Churrascaria to get Brazilian BBQ and would like to be able to replicate some of the great meats. Does anyone have good recipes or a cookbook to recommend?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited January 2013
    Options

Have been to Chimi'sBrazilian  Churrascaria in Ft Lauderdale and have reservations to Texas de Brazil this thur pm in Orlando.

Not at my regular computer with recipes so will update tomorrow or so.

Not sure where you are so try this, pricey but well worth the $$#$ and they give a 2 for 1 coupon  for 30 days around your birthday.

http://texasdebrazil.com/locations

This might help on the short term.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=998184&catid=1

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    I want to figure out how to do Texas de Brazil's garlic steak and Parmesan chicken.  That place is so good.  It will make your tongue wag so hard you will beat your brains out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Richard Fl
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I want to figure out how to do Texas de Brazil's garlic steak and Parmesan chicken.  That place is so good.  It will make your tongue wag so hard you will beat your brains out.
    Google has several recipes:

• jerryp
    jerryp Posts: 232
    Options
    My brother-in-law is from Brazil and showed me a few tricks. Lets start with beef. The cut he uses most is top sirloin roast with a nice fat cap rubbed generously with garlic paste and sea salt. The sea salt is key. He also makes chicken wrapped in bacon. That consists of bite sized chunks of chicken breast tossed in chicken boulion, black pepper, and granulated garlic. They are then wrapped in bacon and put on skewers with quartered onions. An important side is vinegrette. That is diced tomato, diced green pepper, diced red onion, minced garlic, fresh lime juice, and sea salt. The ratios are to your taste. The important thing is that simplicity is key and less is more. Hope this helps. I will drag some more recipes out of him ajd post them.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just search don Marco on here. He does it on his eggs (and there are many). You'll enjoy his posts and website no matter what. One of the best set ups and cooks I've ever seen on here. He's in Germany but does BBQ and general eggery as good as anyone I have ever seen
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I have seen a couple of interesting recipes if you search for Picanha. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Richard Fl
    Options
    Here is a link to a Brazilian company that sells BBQ equiptment.  I have bought skewers from them and their recipes look fantastic.

http://www.scheer.com.br/en/residencial/receitas
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    jerryp said:
    My brother-in-law is from Brazil and showed me a few tricks. Lets start with beef. The cut he uses most is top sirloin roast with a nice fat cap rubbed generously with garlic paste and sea salt. The sea salt is key. He also makes chicken wrapped in bacon. That consists of bite sized chunks of chicken breast tossed in chicken boulion, black pepper, and granulated garlic. They are then wrapped in bacon and put on skewers with quartered onions. An important side is vinegrette. That is diced tomato, diced green pepper, diced red onion, minced garlic, fresh lime juice, and sea salt. The ratios are to your taste. The important thing is that simplicity is key and less is more. Hope this helps. I will drag some more recipes out of him ajd post them.
    I have seen Brazilian recipes calling for wrapping meat in BBQ cellophane and then slow roasting.  Have no idea if regular cellophane will work or something special for cooking.  I have danced all over google. Any thoughts are eggpreciated.