Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

forum ??

Options
When I was trying to sign in this morning I found another Original green egg forum, way different than this one. what's the deal are there two or who is the right green egg forum?

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Yes there is another forum and you will find many of the members here are also members there. Both have good info available, personal note only - the original forum is not quite as welcoming as this bunch....
    I still look at it regularly and many of us use the same handle on both forums. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DMOTS
    DMOTS Posts: 29
    Options
    thanks for the info, that is what I figured.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I always use my Droid on the forum. When looking for info I couldn't take their format. Glad I landed here. I do wish we had different rooms but I like it here...despite@nolaegghead knowing everything and making me feel stupid.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I think you should read both. Lots of good info from some very nice people. Please just don't compare them on forum. Been done hundreds of times and not fun.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Agree with all above-especially Mickey's insights about reading both.  I read their site as frequently as this one for good cooking tips.  Don't post there anymore as I feel it is a more "gated community" but that just could be me.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I learned just about everything I know about eggin on "the other forum".  I lurk here and have posted a bit recently.  You can learn a lot from both places.
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • DMOTS
    DMOTS Posts: 29
    Options
    thanks everyone all good advice, I will check both. Looking forward to being considered an Egghead, Egger, or eggin. I have cooked burgers, pizza and tonight beer chicken
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    You should read both.  Both forum have people who have been egging many moons and are willing to help anyone and answer any questions.  As far ask being "not quite as welcoming" or "more gated community", both forums to some extent own those qualities.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Like both and learned a lot from both places. I personally have not found "the other forum" to be gated or unwelcoming. I just hate the format of that forum but I do post both places.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I used to read the other forum as well, but I dislike the format.  I think anything real cool gets posted here as well because of the many double agents!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Good cooks to learn from on both boards, the internet is a great thing.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    smbishop said:
    I learned just about everything I know about eggin on "the other forum".  I lurk here and have posted a bit recently.  You can learn a lot from both places.
    I agree, I have been egging a year and a half now.  Always got great advise and have learned a lot  on the "other forum" as well as here.  I have never felt un-welcomed on either site.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    If I am out of place please let me know, but isn't the other forum the way that the BGE company used to support and when they changed formats there were a decent amount of stalwarts that decided to keep the old format going?  I am on both forums but between having a new kid and a new job haven't been on the internet much for personal reasons in the last couple of years.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.