Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Am I crazy?

Options

We went to the in-laws house for New Year's, and my mother-in-law's birthday celebration. Been here a few days now. Before we left, a 620 mile drive, my wife said could I take me BGE? It is a large, but I said sure. It took over 2 hours to break it down and pack it for the trip. So yesterday, the day of the birthday, I did two pork butts. Fed 60 people. There was a lot of other food. But the pork was the main event. It got quite good reviews, it was almost perfect even though it only got cooked to 185 internal due to time constraints. It was also my first overnight cook.

So I must be crazy. Even though it took a lot of effort to take it along, it was worth it. And the bonus is my wife said we should get a small egg to travel with. Even though I never said one peep about getting another egg. I guess she is an honorary member of the cult.

Have a happy new year everybody.

LBGE

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Yes she is an honorary member of the cult and you should take every advantage of her  accommodating suggestion to get another egg immediately while the success of the past travel and good time BGE cook is still fresh in her mind....  Good on you Doc....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Well I don't know if your crazy or not but sounds like your just like the rest of us! I put my LBGE in my car all the time. I can have it loaded in about ten minutes tho. But it has shown the wife the need for a small egg.

XLBGE 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Buy that small egg, you have permission, so you won't be needing to ask for forgiveness. Nice cook BTW, helped out the MIL. B-Day. Good on you.
    Large, small, and a mini