Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

32 Smoked Turkey Thighs

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited January 2013 in EGGtoberfest
Basically a photo essay.  These are not for any specific meal, but get stripped and frozen in packs for a lot of our lunches when we are on the program.  Smoked turkey thighs and reheated veggies done on the Egg the night before for dinner.

Well marinated in teriyaki, and done indirect at 250 until the internal is 175.  Mesquite for smoke.

These were split between the XL and the LBGE.  I have cooked a couple of things on the LBGE lately that I had only done on the XL before.  It is interesting to note how it cooks differently.  Same carefully monitored temps and the LBGE was done 30 minutes before the XL.  Last night the pizza cooked differently as well.  I believe, in part, that when cooking indirect the LBGE has less room around the PS and/or stone and this makes a difference.  In each case the dome and Mavrick temps were the same as I would expect in the XL.

There are certain cooks I am just going to do on the XL because I like the way they turn out.

Working on a beef rib roast for separate report right nowl

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments