Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster tails/ Filets

Options
GK59
GK59 Posts: 501

Happy new year to all.

Planing on some 5oz tails and 5oz filets on new years day. Need direction as to which one to do first. Steaks will get seared @ 600*+. Now for the tails. Should I do before or after the filets. What temp and how long? I've never made them.

Thanks.

Have to go and light the egg and get another JB manhattan. Burgers w/ blue cheese.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Are the tails frozen or fresh? Cooked or raw?

I like lobster tails just dropped in boiling water and then served with drawn butter. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    Check out "Dwell in the Shell" for your lobster. It is here on the forum somewhere. Sounds like you are cooking all on one egg, what size do you have. If you are wanting to do both on the same egg, try doing them at 450* lobster will take about 5 mins a side. Steaks depending how you like them about the same at that temp.
    I am doing the same thing on Jan 2, wifes B-day. Can't wait, meat is in the fridge waiting.Twice baked potatoes goes really good with this meal.
    Enjoy it, the egg makes it delicious.. post some pics.
    :D
    Large, small, and a mini
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options

I'm doing a side dish of brussell sprouts sauteed in some BACON  grease/butter w/ fresh garlic,Sea S and P.

All these will be a new cooking  experiance . Plus a new eating one for our daughter. After 20 years she's comming around. That plush BGE  she got for Christmas must be rubbing off.

Also informed her by summer she will complete an entire meal from starting the coals to cooking to serving. All the while I partake in a cold cocktail in a sitting position.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI