Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Movie

sola
sola Posts: 118
Last year at this time I got a call from a production company filming a movie in NOLA, they were looking for a well trained dog to be in the movie. Long story short, the movie is coming out Friday. Broken City, Russel Crowe, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and my pup Tooka. Got to meet Crowe, didn't get to meet Catherine though.....  So if you happen to see it the little black dog is mine.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    That is cool. Please post a picture of pouch.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• sola

Couple of my favorites
  • Mickey
    Ok, that is even cooler than the story.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• sola
    Yeah, I like her.... She is a Hunting Retreiver Champion. Four years old and weighs 38lbs!!!!
  • Super looking dog, you have every right to be such a proud "parent"......
    Will look for her in the movie - cool name .....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    edited December 2012
    Is she light at 38 lbs? I am just asking. My poodle is 72. I thought she was a very well trained pup from the picture. Not putting her weight down, just not a real clue.

• sola
    She is a Labrador. Average weight 65-75 lbs. there are a lot bigger dogs out there but none with a bigger heart. We let the big dogs pick up the easy birds. When the tough birds fall the little girl picks em up....
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Beautiful dog.  I really like these pics.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Gorgeous dog. My brothers black lab hooked me on Duck hunting. Cool story. Sorry you got to meet Crowe instead of CZJ. :))
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Great dog!  Growing up with a father who is a champion breeder of beagles and the owner of Happyrun Kennels, I spent many days in the bush running and training hounds.  My older sister inherited a pure bred Black Labrador while in university and of course my dad inherited it from her.  One day while out on a fun run with the hounds we brought the Lab along who eventually found a baby owl out of  its nest.  We took the owl home and raised it to an adult.  Whenever the beagle pups were running in the yard, the owl would perch on a post in the split rail fence and the Lab would sit at the base of the post refusing to move, even when called, while the pups were trying to get at the owl.  I still can't get over that bird dog protecting that owl.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Nice pintail.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • sola
    Sorry guys, the movie comes out on the 18th. And my wife says I don't pay attention....