Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Water Pan?

My wife & daughter know how much I love smoking meats on my Egg, so they bought me a book for Christmas - "Low & Slow" by Gary Wiviott. So I started thumbing through the book and realized that the vast majority of what he's talking about is for the Weber Smokey Mountain. But, some of the stuff, including the recipes will still work on the Egg.

Evidently, the WSM (Weber Smokey Mountain) has a built in water pan. Gary goes on and on about how important this is, and suggest that every smoker/grill should have one, to help with moisture. I've never used one with my Egg, and my meats have consistently come out pretty moist. But I thought I'd check with the community, and see what folks think about them, and if any of you use them. What's been your experience?

He also talks about spritzing/spraying meats with various mixtures of liquids, during cooking. This is something else that I've never done. My guess is that it's not going to be very effective for keeping the meats moist, especially if there's a good bark on it. 

Comments