Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

XL vs large...

So I have been saving christmas cash in hopes of buying my first egg. I was planning on buying a large. My buddy has an XL that he got specifically for me to cook on when the family and I are over at his house. Well given that I am a family man I don't have just loads of time to hang out over there and smoke something low and slow so most of the cooks are grilled type items. Tonight he suggested I just take it over to my house since that is more practice.

Now here is the kicker. I was in the market for the large and not the XL. I have read posts in the past about folks having trouble getting the XL dialed in to an accurate temp consistently. I kind of feel that is somewhat true with my experience with it although it could be because we are usually rushed to cook and I don't have time to patiently dial it in.

I feel that most egg owners have a large and I just want to make sure I am rational in my concerns or not.

Comments