Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Peel pic

Options
Home made a la Naked Whiz plans with minor adjustments.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Cool, and by the orientation of the photo, you opted for the anti-gravity model. 
    Functional and feels good that you made it yourself - does it work? Looks too clean!

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Shore is perty....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Philicious
    Options
    Used it tonight for the first time. Works great. I think it is too big though. I have a large bge and did not do any measurements on my own before the build-simply used those from NW.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    I have a peel (metal, store bought) that I use in the house, the handle is nice to get a pie in and out of the oven. For my egg, I use one of those cookie sheets that have one edge missing, no handle. It is easier to use. 

On the other hand, sounds like you will have to get an XL to fit your beautiful peel, can't waste good craftsmanship, eh?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jeroldharter
    Options
    If it is too big, maybe you could convert it into a super peel like Nola's?