Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Congratulations, it's a large!!

Options
jfm0830
jfm0830 Posts: 987
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I won't be getting it for another 7-10 days, but I ordered a second Large Big Green Egg this afternoon. It is replacing my smoker which I haven't used since I got my first large Egg in August. I could pick the Egg up tomorrow, but the base cabinet for it is in New Jersey. I find out tomorrow the exact delivery date. I am so Eggcited I just had to share. I'm sure most of you can relate,,

Jim
3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Congrats Jim 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I want a video of you doing two stir fry's at once on your two BGEs.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

Having dual LBGE's you can handle most cooking chores thrown at you around the house. 

Congrats Jim.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice, Jim.  And you're been nesting - upgrading to a cabinet?   schweeet.
    Now you've got one for meat and one for veggies
    ;)

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    Options
    Congrats Jim!  Selfishly, this means we will continue to learn from even more of your awesome cooks and fantastic photos.  Enjoy!
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    hapster said:
    Congrats... now you need a set of portable studio lights to document the additional cooking capacity :)
    Hap, that's a great idea - but permanent lights or flashes hooked up to a radio flash synch.   You don't wanna set 'em up each night.
    Options
    Good stuff Jim! Welcome to the multiple egg family!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jfm0830
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was just so Eggcited I had to share. I was headed in to a Holiday Party with a bunch of lawyers and I KNEW none of them would get it. I've been to their houses and they have the best Weber gas grill or an outdoor island kitchen that they pay caterers to use for them. They would look at me like I had two heads...so thanks for sharing my excitement.

I want a video of you doing two stir fry's at once on your two BGEs.
    Hmmmm, I don't remember volunteering for that assignment. Crazy thing is I actually considered it...for half a second. Would be crazy though...

Nice, Jim.  And you're been nesting - upgrading to a cabinet?   schweeet.
    Shortly after getting my Egg I picked up a base cabinet unit by a company that makes outdoor cabinets for the Egg. I was using it as outdoor storage unit for my Eggcessories and as a prep work surface. It had been next to my gas grill and across from my Egg. When I remove my smoker to make room for the Egg I will rearrange things so I have the first base cabinet, the new Egg on the new base cabinet and the current large on it's nest on one side of my grill gazebo. I plan to add a few more cabinets moving forward as my budget permits. I'll post pictures when I get things set up.
    hapster said:
    Congrats... now you need a set of portable studio lights to document the additional cooking capacity :)
    Well let me say lights are on the shopping list for the grill gazebo, but not photographic lights. More important I can see what I'm doing.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Congrats Jim, nice to have that "addition to the family". 
    Will look nice in your cook shack, and to Hap and Nola's point, you can set the photo lights up permanently under cover. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • travisstrick
    Options
    That didn't take long. Congrats.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • jfm0830
    Options
    That didn't take long. Congrats.
    You guys are BAD influences, I "blame" everyone here....thanks!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Congrats Jim, I'm sure we're in for some amazing pictures of dual cooks!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    You are going to LOVE IT. Congratulations.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Wow!! What did that take? 4 months?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jfm0830
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Wow!! What did that take? 4 months?
    4 months, 17 days but who's counting?

I am in the middle of writing a Blog entry on what an amazing year this was. Back in January I had no idea I'd  be getting a Big Green Egg. Some year in the future maybe, but this year no way. I also had no idea I'd be getting my grill gazebo when the year started. And a second Big Green Egg? That's crazy talk! But then again, as we all know, until you start actually cooking on an Egg it's hard to imagine how great it is. This year is proving to be my best year pursuing this hobby. Now 2013 is shaping up to be an even better year!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The egg is amazing - more generally, kamado cookers are amazing cooking tools.  I have to say, the world wide interwebs is a big catalyst in my cult obsession to cook way more often and much more more challenging foods than I'd normally consider. 
    Sounds double fun enjoy!!!  Merry Christmas!!

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE

• smokesniffer
    Options
    You are going to LOVE IT. Congratulations.
    Large, small, and a mini