Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Internal temp going down !

Bullibe
Bullibe Posts: 132
Have a chuck/shoulder on the Egg, pit temp at 230, internal temp was up to 175 but now has dropped to 164 ! Is this normal?
Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Not unusual for IT to drop during the stall. Let it finish cooking. You're fine.
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    yes you have enter "the stall zone"  normal on low and slows you can let it ride, or bump the temp up and power through it.  at 230 it will take a lot longer than at 275 or 300.  some people will foil at this point to power through as well.  I like to let it ride.  Just some suggestions.
  • Bullibe
    Thanks, I will foil and raise the pit temp to 250-275 if I don't I can see having supper at 2 a.m.....looks like a few more beers and Jager Bombs are in order !
  • Bullibe
    Looks like I may need to make a BEERRUN !
  • U_tarded
    Hope your on the west coast! A late dinner is probably in your future
  • Bullibe
    I'm in Gulf Shores, Alabama, but I don't have to work early tomorrow !

• U_tarded
    Drink up and enjoy the ride 1/2 the fund the journey
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hey dude!  I've been busy as hell this weekend, but good luck with the cook and we'll be givin ya a call next time we're in the Gulf Shores area.

Man, what a weekend.  I got to talk food at a friend's party with head chef and owner of Dante's Kitchen, who's been a friend of SWMBO for years.  Had an extra ticket to the Hornets on Friday and met a new NOLA egger who's cool and hooked me up with a good butcher.  Ate at Sarah's Bistro on Sat for dinner, discovered a Tapa place, and ate at the Jagerhaus (German food), at lunch on Sunday, watched the Saints destroy TB in a shutout, and then to the party. Helped a poor neighborhood guy with some legal advice from a lawyer friend, trying to hook up a music writer with the Advocate BR paper (Mrs B bought his book and loved it).  Good food, good company, good times.

Get more BEER and crank up the heat!
    Hey dude!  I've been busy as hell this weekend, but good luck with the cook and we'll be givin ya a call next time we're in the Gulf Shores area.

Man, what a weekend.  I got to talk food at a friend's party with head chef and owner of Dante's Kitchen, who's been a friend of SWMBO for years.  Had an extra ticket to the Hornets on Friday and met a new NOLA egger who's cool and hooked me up with a good butcher.  Ate at Sarah's Bistro on Sat for dinner, discovered a Tapa place, and ate at the Jagerhaus (German food), at lunch on Sunday, watched the Saints destroy TB in a shutout, and then to the party. Helped a poor neighborhood guy with some legal advice from a lawyer friend, trying to hook up a music writer with the Advocate BR paper (Mrs B bought his book and loved it).  Good food, good company, good times.

Get more BEER and crank up the heat!
    Looks like you have had a really busy but fun weekend ! Will be waiting on that call from you, but you know I won't mention the drawer fronts to Mrs. B. ......I have no unfinished projects, but I have some beachfront property in Tennessee for sale if you're interested !
    =))
  • Bullibe said:
    Thanks, I will foil and raise the pit temp to 250-275 if I don't I can see having supper at 2 a.m.....looks like a few more beers and Jager Bombs are in order !
    Is it even legal for you La guys to use something called the Texas Crutch?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hahaha....she forgave me for not finishing the drawers.  We had fun together and ran around all weekend, so I'm off the hook.  I'll get 'em done sometime this week.  I'm in manic mode where progress gets made. 

I have a picnic in the fridge right now....trying to figure out if I want to cure it, or just do some pulled pork.  decisions...decisions....
    Bullibe said:
    Is it even legal for you La guys to use something called the Texas Crutch?
    I try to learn from those Texas guys,....you know they KNOW bar-be-que !!