Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multiple probes for the Maverick 732?

Options
Santa is bringing a Maverick 732 thermometer for Christmas because I've been a good girl.  My question is if it comes with two probes, one for the meat and one for the grill temperature, what do I do if I am grilling 3 Boston butts?  Can you get extra probes?  Will the thermometer read multiple probes or do I have to buy multiple thermometers.  I don't think I have been that good...

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    It just has one meat and one grill. You can't put extra probes on it.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Use the one probe to get you into the ballpark area and then when you are getting near done, test the other two with the probe, thermapen or other instant read thermometer to see how they are coming along.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    Santa is bringing a Maverick 732 thermometer for Christmas because I've been a good girl.  My question is if it comes with two probes, one for the meat and one for the grill temperature, what do I do if I am grilling 3 Boston butts?  Can you get extra probes?  Will the thermometer read multiple probes or do I have to buy multiple thermometers.  I don't think I have been that good...
    You still have time to be VERY GOOD.  Then they can spring for a Stoker with multiple probe ports.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You can however monitor two pieces of meat if you add one of these hybrid probes in place of the stock pit probe.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    One pit, one food probe. Make sure you foil wrap the probe lead connection and do not position the pit probe over burning lump, make sure it has a shield, plate setter leg/drip pan etc...

As noted - monitor one, probably the smallest to get you in the ball park, use your instant read to confirm
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Grillin_G_Ma
    Options
    Thanks, everyone.  I ordered a cheaper version of the Thermapen that had pretty good reviews.  I will ask for a real Thermapen on my birthday.