Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help: Christmas Shopping for Me

I'm buying myself a Christmas present, but I need some help.  I want one of those two tiered swing racks for my LBGE, but I don't see it on Ceramic Grill Store.  Is it called something else?  Am I in the wrong place?
H E L P ~ thanks! :D
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• that is ceramic grill works...www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2012
    Well no wonder... I was on the wrong site!  Thank you!
    :\"> :\"> :\"> :\">
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Great gift -self directed or otherwise-different than the adjustable rig from CGS-I have been using the CGW swing rack for around a year and a half-You have an exceptional level of cooking experience that I trust will be enhanced by using the swing rack.  Looking forward to new and better ways to employ that rig based on your expertise.  No pressure :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Oh, I want one. It us the number one thing on my Christmas list. #2 is a thermapen. I have the money for the thermapen, but I'm holding off until after Christmas, just in case.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Found it! 
    :-bd
    I ordered one for me and one for my big brother.  He's a new Egghead.
  • I have two Cast Iron half moon griddles selling both for $60 OBO and only used once.  They are the BGE ones.  Flat side and side with ridges
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042

Found it! 

Wow one for your brother! Wicked nice of you. You can adopt me if you need more sibling eggheads :D
  • That's great!  My big brother would like to give me a flaming bag of dog crap!
    Flint, Michigan
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    That's great!  My big brother would like to give me a flaming bag of dog crap!

My brother punched me once and then gave me a bottle of Oban, Best Christmas present ever.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited December 2012
    Found it! 

+1

Nice gift to yourself, do you have a sister that needs to marry?

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I've had the CGW Two Tier system for a month or so no and love it.  I also use the bottom grate alone almost all the time for other cooks and rarely use my SS grate anymore.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • BakerMan
    BakerMan Posts: 159

I have been using the CGQ swing rack for a year now and I love it.  I only use the original cooking grill unless when I'm doing low and slow with a drip pan.  The gaps on edges make it easier to add wood for smoking.

One word of warning. Make sure you don't leave it in the grill during a high-heat (e.g. pizza cook - searing is OK).  I accidentally left mine under the platesetter (legs down) once when I set grill up for a pizza cook and it warped from the intense heat.  It took me forever to get it flat.  I finally had to lay it on my concrete shed floor and work on it with a BFH to get it flat again.

Has anyone found a way to get the vertical post clean so you can adjust the height again?  I'm afraid to try a high heat burn off after warping it.

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170

Has anyone found a way to get the vertical post clean so you can adjust the height again?  I'm afraid to try a high heat burn off after warping it.

I spray it with cooking oil about every other cook and it stays clean enough to move up and down with little effort.  If you have quite a deposit of gunk on it you may try a very fine sand paper to get back to the base metal.  Give CGW a call-I'm sure Franco would be glad to offer the suggested process.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.