Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's on the Menu this Weekend?

Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum

Our freezer ran out of pulled pork!  Time to throw some butts in the Egg!  Pulled pork sammies Saturday night.  Sunday we go to my Mom's to decorate her house for Christmas, so she'll take us out for supper.  I'm psyched to shop for the ingredients I'm missing for Mickey's Coffee Rub.

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    20lbs of pork but for me have some buddies coming over to put up a 10x14 shed on Sunday and pulled pork was the requested dish. Great what friends will do for food from the Egg!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Been wanting to fire up the mini and also have wanted to blacken some grouper so I am thinking blackened grouper sandwiches for lunch tomorrow and I also need to restock the freezer with pulled chicken for my lunches. Maybe pick up a skirt steak and throw it in the sous vide tomorrow for fajitas during the birds game Sunday.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Lasagna tonight (special SWMBO recipe).  I'm throwing some beautiful short ribs (half veal, half beef) into the sous vide bath tonight, I'll let them go 48 hours for Sunday.  I did 135F for 60 hours last time, I'm going to try 140 F for a shorter time, see what that does.
    I'm trying a rib roast recipe with thyme au jus... MIL wants prime rib sammies for christmas lunch.
  • I am smoking Jerky tom for the first time and then sunday is Skillet Pizza.  Debating on doing breakfast food for dinner Sat Night
  • Chicken breast tonight with some bge green pecan and bbq sauce.  Tomorrow may be a ribs day.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    Pulled pork sliders for 30 people!
    Quebec - Canada
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    NY Strips tonight, and just whipped up a batch of Zippylip's deep dish pizza dough for tomorrow night's pizza cook. Couldn't stand looking at everyone's pics of deep dish this week without trying this dough.
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Chicken Parmesan Panini's tonight, Straight up BBQ'd Spatchcock shickens on Sunday.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Lasagna tonight (special SWMBO recipe).  I'm throwing some beautiful short ribs (half veal, half beef) into the sous vide bath tonight, I'll let them go 48 hours for Sunday.  I did 135F for 60 hours last time, I'm going to try 140 F for a shorter time, see what that does.

Half veal, half beef? A teenage cow....

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    henapple said:
    Half veal, half beef? A teenage cow....
    What is teenage in cow years?

Actually, they're from two separate cows.  
    ny3.jpg 304.2K

Cattle reach puberty anywhere from 8 to 20 months old. 

Had a hobby farm in Eastern Ontario.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    Boeuf de lait.  The veal ribs are much larger than the beef ribs.  I don't always trust what's on the label....but if it looks nice and the price is right, I'm game!

Cool - hobby farms are all the rage.  What livestock did you raise?

• Cool - hobby farms are all the rage.  What livestock did you raise?
    Cattle
    Pigs
    Chickens
    Ducks
    Geese
    Rabbits
    Turkeys

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    Have 14.5 lbs of pork butt from Costco.  We are having an office potluck on Tuesday and I was going to bring pulled pork.  My plan is to do them turbo style  (350F until internal temp of 160 and foil until 200F) on Sunday, pull and store in ziplock bags.  Plan is to reheat in a crock pot with some Coke a Cola on Tuesday.  

Only bad thing is we are expecting rain all weekend, with thunderstorms on Sunday afternoon, so I may cook them today instead.  If today, should I freeze or still refrigerate?  
  • I'm making VI's Chilli Rellano Casserole tonight, I've been thinking about it since he posted it earlier this week!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA