Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's agenda! (Pics)

Like a couple others have posted i did the Triple D pork butt where you inject it with Italion dressing, also did the turbinado rub. Then I put the butt on this a.m. at 8:15. Dome temp was around 290 but I dropped vents back to get it honed in for 275. Went to town to help move my Grandmother out of her apartment. 6 hrs. Later I came home and whipped up some Kansas City style BBQ sauce from a food network magazine. Butt finished up at 5:15 (190). 1 hr FTC. 10 hr cook total. It's great to be able to leave the house and let your egg do all the work. By the way. It tasted great. Super happy with how it went. Pics are not great though. Sorry!

Comments

• Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195

Deviledegger nice pics. Here is a pic you may like. The original Deviledegg.

8-|
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ellis said:

8-|
    What kind-o-satanic thermometer goes up to 1000 F?  Are you cremating the bodies of small defenseless animals?! 
    >:)
    I remember one time early on I went out to check on the fire and the thermomter was at 1000 I thought the fire was out. :))
  • Ellis said:

8-|
    What kind-o-satanic thermometer goes up to 1000 F?  Are you cremating the bodies of small defenseless animals?! 
    >:)
    It is a devil egg, 1000 is just getting started. when you are on the inside the numbers on the therm go full scale, maxes out at "Hot as Hell". 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!