Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef Tacos

Options

With all the talk last week about pulled beef, I knew they were going on the menu this weekend. I know its more traditional to make pulled beef sandwiches, but Mrs. G loves tacos (and I'll admit, I'm kinda a fan as well), so we opted to go that route. Rubbed down with canola oil and Bolner's Fiesta brand Fajita Spice

They went on to the Egg at 7:30 am at 250 with a mix of hickory chunks and mesquite chips (I really need to restock my supply of mesquite)

Had to take a lil peak at about 2.5 hours in, also wanted to get a probe into the meat.image

Took them to 165 and then foiled them, no broth or juice or anything at all. That was around 1:30, about 6 hours in. No pictures at that point as I was busy doing "Stuff". They stayed on for another 2.5 hours or so. I'll admit, I got distracted watching some football and went to check on them around 4 and they were at 210. Went into a cooler with some towels as dinner was still a bit off.

Finished. Fall part tender and juicy.

About 8lbs of pulled beef (pre-cooked weight)image

Pulled beef tacos, home-made pico de gallo, queso fresco and a side of chips and queso. Mrs. G also whipped up a batch of boracho beans, but I didn't get any pictures of that.

Got a ton of leftovers now. I'll eat on it a bit more the next few days, but the majority will be vac sealed and frozen for weeknight dinners down the road. I can already see enchiladas, nachos and maybe a pizza in my future.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments