Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Xl owner needs help

Great information on this site/forum but I cannot locate the information I need or want. Just got an XL egg and want to figure out what additional options to get or need or more of what and how to install them. Egg came with stainless grate. I purchased the 1/2 moon baking stone and a 1/2 cast iron grate. My purpose is to sear on the grate and keep warm or bake on the stone. I felt that this configuration will allow easy addition of charcoal. I did not get the plate setter because I assume I can not sear and grill with it in place. Are there any pictures or instructions on what parts are installed in what order to accomplish what the users wants to cook? I also read that I can install a plate setter on the fire box then the fire ring to cook a larger turkey, however this only works on the XL. I also saw a picture of the baking stone on top of the stainless grate.
Thanks
Dave

Comments