Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Little weekend project - Rub Rack, Hot Sauce Rack and Bar Rack

We have a small house in a Historic District and limited cabinet space.  Few space savers that I made while watching football this weekend.  (it was so hard not to inject innuendo (nice rack!, etc) in the thread title!)

Reclaimed cypress, lump charcoal for hole filler, redwood, oak. 

imageimageimageimage

Comments

• I LIKE it.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Niiiiiice! Simple but yet effective! I definitely need to do something like this...
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy said:
    Niiiiiice! Simple but yet effective! I definitely need to do something like this...
    +1!  That's really cool Nola!  Where's the Worshteshishtasire Sauce?
    Flint, Michigan
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    That looks awesome, I love the rack with the Bitters. I did not realize that so much Bitters was out there.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Dude, I have like 1,200 bottles of hot sauce. Ya think you could help me out here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Dude, I have like 1,200 bottles of hot sauce. Ya think you could help me out here
    I'll take some of those off your hands, gladly.  I'll have to build another rack,....a nice rack.

Nice looking and useful. Whenever I organize "my stuff", SWMBO says you do not want to be able to easily identify what you have, you want to be able to identify what you don't have! She is on to me, I think... 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddy,

I tried this one out recently:

Her, "Hey where did that MBGE come from!"

Me, "Oh, I've had that a long time, you must have never noticed it."

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• nolaegghead
    edited November 2012
    Why, thank you!
    :\">
    Fulton MO
  • Skiddy,

I tried this one out recently:

Her, "Hey where did that MBGE come from!"

Me, "Oh, I've had that a long time, you must have never noticed it."
    You Sir are an expert..... we are not worthy.... ^:)^
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    SWMBO doesn't really mind if I buy stuff, as long as it doesn't go in the house or take up much space if it does.  In turn, I don't mind when she buys stuff.

She was bugging me to buy and install brakes for her BMW (out of warranty last year) even though the brakes still have a good 1/8" of pad before the wear indicators go off (64K miles, never had a brake job).

Anyway, she's been getting that new car bug, so I planted a suggestion - "Hey, if you buy a new car, you don't have to worry about the brakes on your old one!".

Couple of days later (on black Friday), we head out car shopping.  Traded in the old one and drove home in a brand new X3.  Talk about stimulating the economy on the biggest shopping day.....

Sunday, she's about to drive home from the Hospital where she works and the rear wiper pump motor gets possessed and starts squirting wiper fluid.  She couldn't get it to stop.  By the time she got home, it's squealing like a stuck pig and smelling like an electrical fire. The worst part was even with the car turned off it still kept running.  We fed water into the wiper fluid tank to keep it cool, but then it made the back hatch a waterfall, and I had to get to the rear fuse box. 

Anyway, long story short, finally got the fuse pulled, then it wouldn't lock, bla bla bla....very unhappy experience for a brand new 50K vehicle with 30 miles on it.  It's in the shop right now and she's suffering with a loaner 328i.
    nice work - good thinking
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Nola.  My wife has an X3 and loves it.  We've had it for almost two years, and the only time it's been back to the dealer was for an oil change.

Also, great looking racks.  If I were you, I'd keep a fire extinguisher next to the rack in the 2nd picture in case spontaneous combustion starts a fire.  
    :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Nice skills you have sir, beautiful wood and very useful!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    NICE RACK
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    NICE RACK
    Ah Mickey, I bet you say that to all the girls.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Mickey said:
    NICE RACK
    Ah Mickey, I bet you say that to all the girls.

Gary I am now close to 65. I remember guys talking about nice racks. NOW when my group is talking nice racks it is as in the pics above :-@
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Nice work. How about more pics of the kitchen table. My wife wants one soon.
  • nolaegghead
    Sure

imageimage
    What great craftsmanship! Nice job! :)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Wow! you are handy. Wanna come over to my house and build something?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings