Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Thanksgiving Warning...

Botch
Botch Posts: 15,411
...from the World's Greatest Actor:

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

Comments

• Botch, Not even the best Canuck actor. Donald Sutherland is one of the best we have exported. That doesn't take comedians and folksingers into account :))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I did not know Donald Sutherland was Canadian.  He is great as Liam Devlin in The Eagle has Landed.  He also did a great talking book version of The Old Man and the Sea.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Bill is Bill... what can I say? Funny video..

I like Glenn Ford from the "classic" venue and Mike Myers and Michael J Fox from the younger group. Although not the same, Dan Aykroyd (and John Candy) are pretty cool. A lot of Canadians work/worked their trade in the US, most surprising with Canadian roots (lived in or born in Canada) include: Lorne Green (Ben Cartwright from Bonanza, Louis B Mayer MGM and Jack Warner Warner Brothers. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Alex Trebek

Alex Trebek was born in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, to George Edward Trebek, a Ukrainian immigrant father and Lucille Lagacé, a ...
    Art Linkletter
    Art Linkletter is a Canadian actor and was the host of two of the longest running shows in broadcast history: House Party, wh ...
    Brendan Fraser
    Brendan Fraser is a Canadian actor who was born in the United States. He was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, but his father wa ...
    Caroline Rhea
    Caroline Gilchrist Rhea is a stand-up comedian, actress, and the former host of talk show "The Caroline Rhea Show." She wa ...
    Carrie Anne Moss
    Carrie-Anne Moss from Burnaby, British Columbia is an actress who achieved worldwide fame following her appearances in The Ma ...
    Catherine O`Hara
    Catherine O'Hara is a Toronto actress and comedian and is best known for her movie roles in Beetlejuice (1988) and in Home Al ...
    Corey Haim
    Corey Haim was a Toronto-area Canadian actor from Thornhill, best known for a 1980s Hollywood career as a teen idol. Haim rea ...
    Corey Sevier
    Corey Daniel Sevier is a Toronto-area actor from Ajax. He first scored a modelling job at the mere age of six months because ...
    Cory Monteith
    Cory Monteith is a Canadian actor originally from Calgary, but raised in Victoria. He is best known for his role of Finn Huds ...
    Dan Akroyd
    Dan Aykroyd is an Academy Award-nominated Ottawa comedian, actor, screenwriter and musician. He was an original cast membe ...
    Dave Thomas
    Dave Thomas is a comedian and actor. He was born in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada and first achieved fame as a cast member ...
    David James Elliot
    David James Elliott from Milton, Ontario is a Canadian-born actor who had been the star of the series JAG from 1995 to 2005, ...
    Donald Sutherland
    Donald McNicol Sutherland is a prolific Canadian actor with a film career spanning over 40 years. Sutherland was born in Sain ...
    Elias Toufexis
    A trained theatre actor, Elias was born and raised in Montreal, where he attended the Dome theatre school for 3 years. After ...
    Elisha Cuthbert
    Elisha Ann Cuthbert is a Canadian actress. She is known as a former host of the Canadian children's television series Popular ...
    Eric McCormack
    Eric McCormack is an Emmy Award-winning Toronto actor of Scottish and Cherokee descent. He maintains residences in Los Angele ...
    Erica Durance
    Erica Durance is a Canadian actress. Although born in Calgary, she was raised in Three Hills, Alberta. After graduating fr ...
    Estella Warren
    Estella Warren is a Canadian actress, model, and a former synchronized swimmer from Peterborough, Ontario. She has been in ...
    Eugene Levy
    Eugene Levy is a Canadian actor, television director, producer and writer who is best known for his work in Canadian televisi ...
    Evangeline Lilly
    Evangeline Lilly is a Canadian actress from Alberta. She is best known for her role as Katherine "Kate" Austen in ABC's Lost. ...
    Glenn Ford
    Glenn Ford is an actor who was born in Ste-Christine, Portneuf, Quebec, Canada and moved to Santa Monica, California with his ...
    Gregory Smith
    Gregory Edward Smith (born July 6, 1983) from Toronto, Ontario, is a dual Canadian/American actor. Gregory began acting at ...
    Hayden Christensen
    Hayden Christensen is a Golden Globe-nominated Canadian actor. He appeared in Canadian television programs when he was young, ...
    Howie Mandel
    Howie Mandel is a Canadian-born comedian and actor from Willowdale, Ontario (which became North York, which is now Toronto). ...
    James Doohan
    James Montgomery Doohan was an Irish-Canadian character and voice actor best known for his portrayal of Scotty in the televis ...
    Jim Carrey
    James Carrey is a Canadian comedian and film actor from Newmarket, Ontario. He is best-known for his manic, slapstick perform ...
    John Candy
    John Candy was a Canadian comedian and actor. Candy played a supporting role (together with Rick Moranis) on Peter Gzow ...
    Jonathan Frid
    Jonathan Frid is a theater, television and movie actor from Hamilton, Ontario. Frid is best known for the role of vampire ...
    Joshua Jackson
    Joshua Carter Jackson is a Canadian actor. He was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to an American father and an Ir ...
    Keanu Reeves
    Keanu Charles Reeves is a Canadian actor who was born in Lebanon. He is perhaps best known for his role as Neo in the action ...
    Kim Cattrall
    Kim Victoria Cattrall is an Anglo-Canadian actress. She is perhaps best known for her role as Samantha Jones in the HBO comed ...
    Kristen Kreuk
    Kristin Laura Kreuk (born December 30, 1982) is a Canadian actress. She is known for her roles on the Canadian television ser ...
    Leslie Nielsen
    Leslie William Nielsen was a Canadian actor and comedian. Although Nielsen’s acting career crossed a variety of genres in bot ...
    Lorne Greene
    Lorne Greene was a Canadian actor best known for two iconic roles on American television. Lorne Hyman Greene was born in ...
    Martin Short
    Martin Hayter Short is an actor, writer, and producer from Hamilton, Ontario who's best known for his comedy work, particular ...
    Mary Pickford
    Mary Pickford was an Academy Award-winning Canadian-born motion picture star and co-founder of United Artists, known as "Amer ...
    Matthew Perry
    Matthew Perry is a Canadian Emmy nominated actor who is best known for his role as Chandler Bing in the American television s ...
    Michael Cera
    Michael Cera is a famous Canadian actor originally from the Toronto suburb of Brampton, Ontario. He originally gained fame in ...
    Michael J. Fox
    Michael J. Fox is a Canadian actor, famous for his roles as Marty McFly in the Back to the Future trilogy, Alex P. Keaton on ...
    Mike Myers
    Mike Myers is a Scarborough, Ontario actor, comedian, screenwriter, and film producer. Both of Myers' parents are from Liverp ...
    Neve Campbell
    Neve Campbell is a Guelph, Ontario actress best know for her roles in the Scream franchise. Campbell was born in Guelph, O ...
    Pamela Anderson
    Pamela Anderson is a British Columbia television actress, glamor model, producer, TV personality and author. She was formerly ...
    Paul Shaffer
    Paul Shaffer is Thunderbay, Ontario musician, actor, voice actor, author, comedian and composer currently seen as the band le ...
    Phil Hartman
    Phil Hartman was a Brantford, Ontario graphic artist, writer, actor, voice artist and comedian. Philip Edward Hartmann was ...
    Rachel McAdams
    Rachel McAdams is a Genie Award-nominated London, Ontario actress. She had a large role in the film The Hot Chick, alongsi ...
    Rachel Roberts
    Rachel Roberts is a Canadian model and actress. She has appeared in numerous ad campaigns, most notably for Biotherm. She beg ...
    Raymond Burr
    Raymond Burr was an actor, most known for his roles in the television dramas Perry Mason and Ironside. He was born in New ...
    Raymond Massey
    Raymond Hart Massey was a Canadian actor. Born in Toronto, Ontario, he was the son of Chester D. Massey, the wealthy owner of ...
    Rick Moranis
    Rick Moranis is a Canadian comic actor best known for his work on SCTV and in films such as Ghostbusters, Little Shop of Horr ...
    Ryan Gosling
    Ryan Thomas Gosling is a London, Ontario actor. Gosling was born at St. Joseph's Hospital in London, Ontario to Mormon par ...
    Ryan Reynolds
    Ryan Rodney Reynolds is a British Columbia actor. Ryan is well known for his starring roles in the National Lampoon, movie ...
    Sarah Chalke
    Sarah Cassandra Chalke is an Ottawa, Ontario television and movie actress best known for playing Dr. Elliot Reid on the NBC s ...
    Scott Speedman
    Scott Speedman is an English-born Canadian actor. He is probably best known for his role in the coming-of-age television dram ...
    Shawn Ashmore
    Shawn Ashmore is a Richmond, B.C. film and television actor. Ashmore's most famous role may be as Iceman in X-Men and its ...
    The Kids in the Hall
    The Kids in the Hall was a Canadian sketch comedy group, consisting of comedians Dave Foley, Kevin McDonald, Bruce McCulloch, ...
    Thommy Chong
    Thomas Chong B. Kin is an Edmonton actor and musician who is well-known for his stereotypical portrayals of hippie-era stoner ...
    Tom Green
    Michael Thomas (Tom) Green is an Ontario shock comic and television host who is currently hosting Tom Green Live. Born in ...
    William Shatner
    William "Bill" Shatner (born March 22, 1931) is an Emmy-winning and Golden Globe-winning Canadian actor, who gained fame for ...

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited November 2012
    Let's not forget Anne Murray, Celine Dion, and Sgt. Preston of the Yukon.

BTW, I never knew turkey fryers were for frying turkeys.  I thought they were for boiling crawfish.  Right, Nola ?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Let's not forget Anne Murray, Celine Dion, and Sgt. Preston of the Yukon.

BTW, I never knew turkey fryers were for frying turkeys.  I thought they were for boiling crawfish.  Right, Nola ?
    I have a reoccurring dream where I run through the mall, naked, and urinate all over the Celine Dion section of the CD store. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Mine has only ever been used to steam Maryland blue crabs.
    Mark Annville, PA

And his dog, King.  When my folks lived there I actually talked to a recruiter for the RCMP.  They were not interested in anyone without Canadian citizenship.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys