Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hinges hitting counter top

We are days away from moving into our new house and last night I assembled my LBGE in it's custom cut granite hole in the outdoor kitchen.  Boy was I disappointed when I realized the hinges hit the countertop before the lid was fully opened.  Maybe I missed a thread or important note either here or in my instructions but I had no idea to allow for those.  I figure I have two options, either raise the BGE up an inch or cut a notch out of the granite in the back allowing the hinges to recess below countertop level.  I don't really want to raise the egg because I like the cooking surface where it is.

I really wish I had taken some pictures last night but I wanted to get some input anyway.  I'll post some later this afternoon.  Other than that little snafu it turned out exactly like I wanted.  I even bought some sausage to cook on it last night and had to put them back in the refrigerator!

Can't wait to grill!

Steven

Comments