Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help on Value of Egg

Ok, so I was out of town on business a couple weeks ago at a trade show and one of the vendors was displaying a brand new medium as part of his booth. I got to talking to him and found out he didnt really want to have to bother with transporting the egg back to Ohio. We were in Louisville, KY. So long story short, he gave me a great deal on it, i put it in my car and now i have it back home. The more i look at my setup with the large egg i currently have, i have decided i dont have room for it and have decided to sell the medium i just bought. It's never been cooked in. I wanted to reach out to the experts here and see what everyone thought i might be able to sell it for locally. I am in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Jamie

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    If you were in the middle of Texas I would say about $200. But where you are (and I am not) my guess would be much higher.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,219
    Mickey's got it all wrong.  He's quoting you the going rate for a medium in New Orleans, LA.  Texas and Georgia are loaded with BBQ nuts - I'd ask $650 on craigslist and lower the price every few days till it sold.

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,827
    Just the egg maybe $450. If you have nest and mates maybe $500-550
    ·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815

A friend sold a medium with nest, plate setter, and mates this spring for 675. It took less than 15 minutes to sell. We are in the St. louis area.

·
  • Lit said:

Just the egg maybe $450. If you have nest and mates maybe $500-550

I think this is most logical. 500 seams fair place to start. Warrenty is the biggest thing hurting you.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • crunkcrunk Posts: 94

Thanks Everyone!

Crunk

·
  • Take it to Big Green Egg in Tucker and see what they will do on a trade in.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • I just got one with nest and PS for $300.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    I thought your dad abducted that one.

·
  • I thought your dad abducted that one.

+1.  Was there grovelling involved or did you say "Leggo my Eggo!"

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,827

Take it to Big Green Egg in Tucker and see what they will do on a trade in.

they don't give you much. I took my old mini in and they said they would give me $100.
    ·
  • I thought your dad abducted that one.

That remains to be seen. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    I thought your dad abducted that one.

That remains to be seen. 
    I bet you could beat him up.  Not condoning that, but it is an option.

·
  • How about passing it on for what you paid for it? Sorry, just dreaming. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • How about passing it on for what you paid for it? Sorry, just dreaming. 

x2
    Boom
    ·
  • Have you figured out what u want for it?
    ·