Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Game Day Que

Hello fellow EggHeads, I'm new to the forum and the BGE. I had some guests over yesterday, to watch the games, and did pulled pork. I thought I would share. Menu: Pulled Pork, Homemade Mac n Cheese, Spicy Beans
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
·

Comments

• Great bark on that butt -- what did you rub it with?
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,226
    Welcome. Great cook.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I used Obie-Cue's "Sweet Rub". I also sprayed it with a combination of sprite, honey and makers mark. I typically let it get to 100 internal temp before the first spray (smoke is gone by then) and spray it agin at 130 and 160 (before moving it into a covered foil pan). henapple....thanks. I've really enjoyed viewing the forum over the past few weeks and thought I would get in the mix.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Everything looks super tasty!  Great job!  Welcome to the forum.  Make yourself at home.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Address and schedule for your next cook please. Welcome, thanks for sharing.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Looks like good eats, thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing more of your cooks on here!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Nicely Done!
    ·