Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Old Forum on life support - do you see what you've done

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2012

a
    I must be slow, .... I don't get it.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Well I am new to the egg thing in every aspect, the cooking , forums etc. I went to this website as my first foray into gaining some knowledge and eggsperience. I started to cruise the site and noticed posts and threads that were quite old. I then checked out this site and I was happy with what I found, hence I have never been back to the other one. Sorry to hear it is going belly up but a good site is maintained constantly like this one.
  • I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I read the link.  It seems that the other site has a big attitude problem with this forum.  Saying that this forum will be happy & ecstatic that the other forum is probably closing down is kind of mean spirited.  Maybe that bad attitude is why folks are running away?  I have not seen anyone in this forum wish the other forum ill will.  There has been frustration with folks linking to the other forum only because the other forum does not allow any links to here.  Other than that, the attitude on this forum from what I can determine is live and let live. 

Mr. McNuttly, blaming this forum in this thread title for the demise of the other forum seems a little off-putting and peevish.  I can see you have great people skills. 

Flint, Michigan
  • Just flag him as a troll
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Peevish?...or Tweevish???

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    I would just let things take their course and refrain from any futher comments.  Just an opinion, I know!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Even though I'm not a user of the other forum, I hope they find a way to keep the lights on.

Everyone deserves options and a place to call home.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • I guess I missed something............oh well, don't drag it up if I did. 

Wish those guys the best over there.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Um, you already did

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Oh I see now. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Wasn't around when all the drama happened. Personally I have learned from both forums and would hate to see it go. Will say I don't like the format on that site. Too hard to follow a thread.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I think taking the high road here would be the classy thing to do.

Very good words. Please read them once more. Mickey
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    hondabbq said:
    Well I am new to the egg thing in every aspect, the cooking , forums etc. I went to this website as my first foray into gaining some knowledge and eggsperience. I started to cruise the site and noticed posts and threads that were quite old. I then checked out this site and I was happy with what I found, hence I have never been back to the other one. Sorry to hear it is going belly up but a good site is maintained constantly like this one.
    time will only tell, this site is only a little over a year old, any info found here from an earlier time was from the other forum. oh and the originator of this subject line was banned over there and if there was any moderators here he would be gone here as well.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Sad for sure. I learned alot from the other site and still visit it frequently. Alot of egg knowledge over there for sure.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I, for one, hope the other forum survives.  It has it's own personality and the people there consider themselves family.

It's up to them, though.  They will have to donate funds to keep the other side up.
    A lot of us do. I hope it is enough. These things are not cheap to keep going.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I don't use the other site at all but I like it being there. Their success bleeds over to our site all the time. The more the merrier, I say.

Also, everyone should be using our new flag as troll feature.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mr. McNuttly, blaming this forum in this thread title for the demise of the other forum seems a little off-putting and peevish.  I can see you have great people skills. 

Fred, your comments confirm that you're as embedded in the stone age as your name suggests.

hondabbq said:
    time will only tell, this site is only a little over a year old, any info found here from an earlier time was from the other forum. oh and the originator of this subject line was banned over there and if there was any moderators here he would be gone here as well.

Fish, good observation regarding the long term prognosis for this forum, it must survive/thrive for more than another decade before it can match the duration of the old forum and only time will tell if it can/will remain relevant for such a period of time.

You are wrong however regarding my status, I was not banned from any forum, ever.  And why would I have been, I've only spoken the truth in a rational and competent manner - if the truth hurts some, well, sometimes that happens and for that I will not apologize.

• McNuttly said:

Mr. McNuttly, blaming this forum in this thread title for the demise of the other forum seems a little off-putting and peevish.  I can see you have great people skills. 

Fred, your comments confirm that you're as embedded in the stone age as your name suggests. 

Such witty retort.  Please sir, relent from thrashing me further.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred, the old cliche comes to mind "you're so far behind you think you're in first".  You are an amusing one, you keep being you

• I went to that site first. It was all I knew. It was just so hard to navigate. They never changed with the times. It is had to find info (which is what the Internet is all about). They needed a mobile site. I'm sorry to see they blame it on this site though.

Markets dictate.

JJS
  • nolaegghead
    lets boogie gangnam style

Shame on all of us and BGE, for even letting this discussion happen.

My $0.02.

Kind Regards!
  • nolaegghead
    Dear Eggheads,

Shame on all of us and BGE, for even letting this discussion happen.

My $0.02.

Kind Regards!
    Lo-jacked!

If that is you and your wife, she is hot and are you sure you are allowed around an egg 8-}

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Mickey said:

If that is you and your wife, she is hot and are you sure you are allowed around an egg 8-}

=))

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited November 2012
    I must be slow, .... I don't get it.
    So I am a troll for truely not knowing what that video meant? I was under the impression it might have been backing the OP but wasn't sure. Yup the flag option needs work. And people need to grow a skin.
  • it's almost hard to believe how scarce the collective sense of humor is in these parts.  This thread was a good natured poke at what appears may be the end (or at least the beginning of the end) of the old forum.  The poke, taken so seriously by those that have attacked & 'troll flagged' me, couldn't possibly be more obvious.  As if anyone would believe for a second that 'you people' are personally responsible for the downfall of another internet bbq forum - please.  The day this forum went online the writing was on the wall for the old forum, it's simply the nature of evolution that the new replaces the old, the cycle of life.  While it has taken some time and may take some more, the inevitible will occur.  All of the infighting and animosity that has been displayed going in both directions from the date this site went on line through today has been nothing short of astounding to me, interesting to watch from the sidelines, but nonetheless astounding.  I will never understand why anyone here cares about what occurs there and vice versa.  Lighten up folks