Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak @ Walmart

2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @smokesniffer, how much is the RO in the 17.64# bag? Here on the "wet" coast it is $12.97 + Horrible Sales Tax. My local CTC had 85 bags piled in a middle aisle, I took 11 'cause that's all that would fit in my car, SWMBO said she would not take the bus home, otherwise I could have been really safe and crammed another 4 or 5 in. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • If you have a Do It Best hardware store close by you can get free ship to store......

http://www.doitbest.com/Charcoal+and+Lighting+Items-Royal+Oak-model-195-228-017-doitbest-sku-809233.dib

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    @ Skiddy, I pay the same as you. I bought all through the summer to stock up for the winter stretch. Don't think my SWMBO would take the bus either. What's with that?? ;) CTC still has a few bags of lump up in the top shelving, but it doesn't look like it is moving right now.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • brewbq
    brewbq Posts: 52
    I'll have to run to WalMart tomorrow.  I'm in Texas too, but I can't be without my Red Oak.  That stuff is great.  BTW, don't buy the B&B stuff from HEB.  It works well, but starts sparking at high temps.  Was cooking on my skillet today around 500, and it was like a fireworks show.  My mushrooms got some extra seasoning.
  • Got tired of WalMart not stocking RO.  Every time I find something at WM I like, they stop carrying it. I now order Wicked Good online and have it delivered to my local Ace Hardware store.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    brewbq said:
    BTW, don't buy the B&B stuff from HEB.  It works well, but starts sparking at high temps.  

Interesting you say that. I used to use B&B and don't recall that ever happening. Not saying it didn't, its been awhile, but don't remember having that problem.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    My WW ran out of Royal Oak also. However, like DaveJames said above, I found it at my local do it yourself hardware store. For those in the Atlanta area, the store on Concord Rd. in Smyrna stocks it year round.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • I just order 8 of the 10 pound bags of Ozark Oak and 2 of the 20 pound Humpreys..... $119.50 with shipping....... 120 pounds will last a few weeks....LOL....

http://www.firecraft.com/category/hardwood-charcoal

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC