Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: what's in your glass tonight?

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259

Rye? Didn't think you guys used that term.
    "Rye or what will it be, old timer?"

NAME THAT MOVIE................
    You got mud in your ears, or what?

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821

Rye? Didn't think you guys used that term.
    "Rye or what will it be, old timer?"

NAME THAT MOVIE................
    You got mud in your ears, or what?
    I'd like a shot of whiskey and so would my companion. If it aint too much trouble. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    As a TEXAN and an avid wine drinker.. I must say that Texas wines are terrible. 

I'll be making my annual trip to Napa Valley in 13 days... Now THAT is wine. 
    ·
  • Kettle one, rocks twist of lemon. Pizza on the egg...all is well!
    ·
    JWBurns said:
    As a TEXAN and an avid wine drinker.. I must say that Texas wines are terrible. 

I'll be making my annual trip to Napa Valley in 13 days... Now THAT is wine. 
    Good. Make sure you post about it so I can piss all over your choices. I am going to go out of my way to do it. 
    ·
  • Titos, cranberry, splash of Fresca and twist of lime.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Ran out of bourbon, on to rum.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    I'm doing shots of the wife ladys cooking sherry. Woe is me. 
    ·
  • cspearce2cspearce2 Posts: 107
    Balvinie 12 year. Tito's is awesome.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
    ·
  • ZickZick Posts: 171
    Crown Royal reserve manhattan with brandies cherries. All good in the neighborhood!
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Cheap beer tonight.
    Boom
    ·
    DawgDays said:
    Hanging on the porch with the dog, Mr. Van Winkle, and a hot egg just waiting on the wife to get home with a pair of NY strips. Not a complaint on earth tonight. What's in your cup?

I can't get Pappy around here. Wishing I could.
    Boom
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Once I run out of rum, I'm hitting the vanilla extract

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • DawgDays said:
    Hanging on the porch with the dog, Mr. Van Winkle, and a hot egg just waiting on the wife to get home with a pair of NY strips. Not a complaint on earth tonight. What's in your cup?

Whereabouts are you? I'm in the Atlanta area and can usually scrounge up 2 bottles with each release. Other parts of the country get better allotments than we do. Illinois and South Carolina come to mind.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,073
    Forty Creek, rye for the American crowd, no ice, splash of water. Great sipping whisky. 

Just did some Asian style ribs done with @Cazzy wing marinade, really quite good. Now watching the Giants over the Tigers (sorry Fred - I wish you the best but don't know that it will happen this year.)
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 509
    Whistlepig Straight Rye Whiskey
    Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Bottle of red, or maybe two.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
    DawgDays said:
    DawgDays said:

Whereabouts are you? I'm in the Atlanta area and can usually scrounge up 2 bottles with each release. Other parts of the country get better allotments than we do. Illinois and South Carolina come to mind.

I'm in Columbia, SC. My buddy owns a ABC store and I asked him about it. So he asked his supplier and the guy almost laughed. Said it was very hard to come by. I have another buddy who works for Ben Arnold and he comes across it but not enough to get a bottle.
    Boom
    ·
    I'm doing shots of the wife ladys cooking sherry. Woe is me. 
    heh...damn salt. Why do they put so much salt in that?

·
  • FoF-

Very surprised to hear that. I got a bottle of 15 year in Beaufort last year. Had to drag my 84 year old grandfather to the store with me to prove it was "for a resident" (he loved the treasure hunt aspect and played along admirably) but they had a few bottles behind the counter. Charleston gets a TON because of relationships with the distributor and distillery.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Griffin said:
    Once I run out of rum, I'm hitting the vanilla extract
    Help yourself Griff.  Front bottles already turning dark after a few days.  Ones in the back were bottled today.
    DawgDays said:
    FoF- Very surprised to hear that. I got a bottle of 15 year in Beaufort last year. Had to drag my 84 year old grandfather to the store with me to prove it was "for a resident" (he loved the treasure hunt aspect and played along admirably) but they had a few bottles behind the counter. Charleston gets a TON because of relationships with the distributor and distillery.

charleston is also a better city than Columbia. Not sure pop size but certainly more tourists, money, and popular. They get better restaurants, concerts, and apparently whiskey ha
    Boom
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 291
    Knob Creek and Coke Zero ! Following a 1 lb. filet of Chilean Sea Bass smoked on a maple plank for 30 minutes at 400 degrees served with egg roasted
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 291
    Acorn squash and a Quinoa salad with garlic, pine nuts, raisins, fresh basil, Flat Italian parsley and sun dried tomatoes!
    ·
    Sounds good bayarad.  I did some acorn squash on the egg the other day and it just didn't work - seemed to absorb too much smoke.  Everything else was great. 

·
  • G & T in hand. Just finished some drunken jerk pork with Caribbean rice and grilled sweet potatoes. SWMBO just informed me it's time to start dish clean up.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
    ·
  • I went with Woodford Reserve....will have to change it tonight because the Tigers got smoked... change of luck today...Tigers gotta get one win out there.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • Fellow Eggheads, may I suggest Prichard's.  Enjoyed some during a recent tailgate.   

·
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 260
    2007 Chateau St. Jean Cinq Cepages.  Preceded by a shortie of 18 year old Highland Park.
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·
  • Templeton Rye, poured from a mason jar.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
    ·