Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork tenderloin...coffee rubbed...jalepeno raspberry jelly glaze

smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

This was great... 5 pound pork tenderloin, rubbed with coffee rub recipe in BGE cookbook, smoked over cherry wood... rested some fresh raspberries in sugar for a bit...warmed up the jalepeno raspberry jelly in a sauce pan... and glazed after slicing.

I also did the twice baked potatoes with smoked gouda and scallions from the cookbook as well... it all turned out great and was extremely easy!

BOOMER!
rasp.Pork.jpg 128.7K

Comments

• Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Looks fantastic
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Looks/sounds awesome...was that 5lbs OF tenderloin, did you find a 5 lb tenderloin (never heard of them that big), or was it really a loin?
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,600
    Sounds great....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,151
    Like the plating, very unusual and looks great. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • MQ---- I found it at Kroger of all places... and yea, it was 5.5lbs...pork tenderloin. HUGE!

BOOMER!
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    That's awesome...I'll have to start keeping my eye out for one's that big. I'm picturing how big that pig must have been. :@)