Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do I need an intervention?

GLW
GLW Posts: 178
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I cook on an EGG five nights a week and think about an EGG all seven!

The wife is happy as the other two nights we eat out.

GLW
When in doubt add more pepper.

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    You are as normal as the rest of us. I don't know if that's a good thing, however!
  • I'd say if you weren't cooking on it that much you'd need an intervention. We are the normal ones, and those without an egg are the ones who have an issue! :D
  • I still do five nights a week after 15 years. In Canada that can be a challenge

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I've been doing 7 nights per week since March 6th.  I did have to miss 7 meals when we were out of town and the 1 night I had to go to the ER for a kidney stone issue.  Problem?  I don't see a problem!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• I do 7 nights a week, and sometime 2 or even 3 times in a day.  I use the inside oven for storage now.  You have just become "one of us."

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• GLW
    Only one night for a stone?!!! I cried for mommy for a week.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited September 2012

Well, lets see...

I have been called up active now and will be gone in a few. My friends are asking us out (family) before I go and I am upset.

I just want to cook some on egg and eat with fam @ home before I leave.

Sad, but cannot say no to friends as well.

Especially tonight. Went shoppin and came home with a plan for a killer dinner. But voice msg at home dictates otherwise.

Its rough, man. Just waitin on final orders. I need a mini egg to go. :(

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• GLW
    Aviator

I want to thank you for your service. It's because of folks like you I can do the things I get to do.

God bless you and I pray you keep safe.

GLW
  • Hoooah!  Keep your head down and don't volunteer.

Thanks for protecting my freedoms.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Hello...my name is Hashmaker and I too cook on my egg 4-5 nights a week. My friends just don't understand. I need my egg. I search the forums for techniques and recipes. I think about the goodness that comes from it. Aaaaahhhh...who am I kidding? Rehab is for quitters!

Aviator - Thank you and your family for the sacrifices you're making. My son will be deployed to Afghanistan soon and we'll pray for a safe return for you all.

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379

You know I thought it was really weird that when we have weekends that are completly booked all three nights, and I cannot cook on the egg I get really pissed off.  I'm glad I'm not alone.

George

George
  • dtun1
    dtun1 Posts: 32

I only get to cook on my egg on the weekends but I spend all week thinking & planning what I'm going to cook.  That's just normal isn't???

• GLW
    Do you draw pictures of your egg on work time?

If not, you should.
  • GLW said:
    I cook on an EGG five nights a week and think about an EGG all seven! The wife is happy as the other two nights we eat out. GLW
    Yes you do.  There are two days you are not eggin' ;)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • No. You do not need an intervention. Sorry, clear smoke time for supper to hit the grid.....
    @Aviator, as an army brat, albeit a different country's army, hope the only lumps on your tour are the ones you cook on, it may not be your egg, but Q is Q. Godspeed.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited September 2012
    Avatar do you know where are going to be stationed?  If I am not mistaken Capt Chris left the mini in Afganistan.  Email Mickey for any details (I don't do facebook)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Aviator:

Thank you for serving and protecting our Country.  I'm glad you're making some good memories to last until you return.  Godspeed.

Flint, Michigan
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Hey guys thanks for all the wishes. And a sorry (to the OP) that this thread got side tracked.

I was suppsoed to report tomorrow, but do not yet have orders. So am waiting, with a noose around my neck. :)

Back on track, yes, we are guilty of the "problem" here as well. I have never before thought so much about food as I am now.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• GLW
    No worries. Egging is a lot of fun and I really enjoy all that goes with it. However, what you currently have on your plate is real.

I really do wish you well and I really do pray for you and your family. You are America's best.

GLW
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    My work schedule has been swamped so I've been eggin a little less recently, but the positive is I've been reading my cookbooks a little more.....

..... I think about the egg all 7 too.