Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good / Dragons Breath / Maple Leaf and More Ontario GTA Nice Prices

Options
Stoater
Stoater Posts: 292
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi Guys,

In the wicked good thread that I started, I mentioned that I was offered a discount based on certain quantities of lump from a local bbq shop, some fellow canucks in the GTA, that pay way too much for everything have been asking where the shop is so I thought I would share it with you all. 

And NO I have no connection to this chap, he just sells cheaper lump.

Here's the email correspondance I have had with him, his name is Paul:

Thanks for your interest in our charcoal.  Below are the discount ranges for you with a single purchase.  The pricing is FOB our Burlington location. Bags3 – 5 receive 10% off6 - 8 receive 15% off9+ bags receive 20% off If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.
www.barbecuesgalore.ca
He did mention i could mix and match bags too with the same price structure.  
Stock up for the snow coming, think I am going to have to build some kind of shelter to stand under, do any of you have pictures or plans for bbq shelters, unfortunately I don't have a garage and last year I stood under my gazebo with my gasser which worked well till the heat from the gasser melted the snow on the tent roof and it turned to solid block of ice weighing around 60lbs a piece.  Then during the night the whole thing collapsed, thankful I wasn't under it and lesson learnt.

Comments

• bertscampers
    Options
    That is great.  Thanks!!!!!!!!  

About the weather, I plan out dressing up and having a bottle of slivovica handy to warm me.  I do think it would be great to have some sort of shelter.  I have on occasion put up a sheet of plywood up against the fence to keep my pig bbq dry so I may do the same for the bge.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Stoater said:
    Hi Guys,

In the wicked good thread that I started, I mentioned that I was offered a discount based on certain quantities of lump from a local bbq shop, some fellow canucks in the GTA, that pay way too much for everything have been asking where the shop is so I thought I would share it with you all. 

Thanks for your interest in our charcoal.  Below are the discount ranges for you with a single purchase.  The pricing is FOB our Burlington location.<?xml:namespace prefix = o /> Bags3 – 5 receive 10% off6 - 8 receive 15% off9+ bags receive 20% off If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.
    www.barbecuesgalore.ca
    Stock up for the snow coming, think I am going to have to build some kind of shelter to stand under, do any of you have pictures or plans for bbq shelters, unfortunately I don't have a garage and last year I stood under my gazebo with my gasser which worked well till the heat from the gasser melted the snow on the tent roof and it turned to solid block of ice weighing around 60lbs a piece.  Then during the night the whole thing collapsed, thankful I wasn't under it and lesson learnt.

Discount from what list? Nella Cutlery stores sell the 8kg bags of Maple Leaf for about $12.99 ea. with 20 bags

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bertscampers
    Options
    @Little_Steven  Thats a great price.  Can anyone buy from them or do you need to be in the food business.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I think anybody can buy there. I only go to the one in Mississauga off Southdown. That is more like a warehouse and they do their knife sharpening there. I opened an account but I don't think it's neccessary. I haven't bought lump there in a year so you may want to phone them to make sure it's still that price. They are the distributors for ML in Ontario I believe. I have been meaning to order a couple of pallets for a few years but haven't gotten to it. They have a few locations around town

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bertscampers
    Options
    Cheer I work in Mississauga and will check it out.  I checked the website but only noticed downtown T.O. and North York but that is a score.  Thats about 40% off of retail.

Once again thanks.
  • Little Steven
    Options

They have some great stuff at the Mississauga facility. Really good prices on restaurant equipment and some amazing used pieces. Great prices on knives too.

Nella Cutlery & Food Equipment Inc.
    1255 Fewster Drive
    Mississauga
    Ontario
    Canada L4W 1A2

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dantesinferno
    Options
    Basques Hardwood charcoal at Costco was $11.99! Now that was a great deal. I bot 8 bags but its all gone now and Costco does not sell it anymore. Sadly.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options

They have some great stuff at the Mississauga facility. Really good prices on restaurant equipment and some amazing used pieces. Great prices on knives too.

Nella Cutlery & Food Equipment Inc.
    1255 Fewster Drive
    Mississauga
    Ontario
    Canada L4W 1A2

Thanks for the info "Little One", they opened a store in Burnaby, will check it out this week. Went through the on-line flyer, had some nice knives. Again, thanks for the info.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Stoater
    Options
    Stoater said:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your interest in our charcoal.  Below are the discount ranges for you with a single purchase.  The pricing is FOB our Burlington location. Bags3 – 5 receive 10% off6 - 8 receive 15% off9+ bags receive 20% off If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.
    www.barbecuesgalore.ca

Discount from what list? Nella Cutlery stores sell the 8kg bags of Maple Leaf for about $12.99 ea. with 20 bags
    Hi Little Steven,

Sorry I should have been more specific, the discount rates apply to the prices they have posted on their website : www.barbecuesgalore.ca

But at those prices you quoted, I don't think that can be beat, thanks a bunch, you do know I am going to buy them out though!  Just kidding!

Anyone know where you can get a great selection of spices in the GTA I am looking for whole mace and chile de arbol, long peppers and what not hard to find stuff unless I by them on amazon.

Cheers!
  • Stoater
    Options
    Nellas Cutlery in Hamilton is 16.50 Per Bag,
  • Stoater
    Options
    Mississauga is 14.50 Per bag,
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Just called the Mississauga outlet and they are $12.50 for 20+ bags

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Stoater said:
    Stoater said:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your interest in our charcoal.  Below are the discount ranges for you with a single purchase.  The pricing is FOB our Burlington location.<?xml:namespace prefix = o /> Bags3 – 5 receive 10% off6 - 8 receive 15% off9+ bags receive 20% off If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.
    www.barbecuesgalore.ca

Hi Little Steven,

Sorry I should have been more specific, the discount rates apply to the prices they have posted on their website : www.barbecuesgalore.ca

But at those prices you quoted, I don't think that can be beat, thanks a bunch, you do know I am going to buy them out though!  Just kidding!

Anyone know where you can get a great selection of spices in the GTA I am looking for whole mace and chile de arbol, long peppers and what not hard to find stuff unless I by them on amazon.

Cheers!
    You should be able to get mace at any Indian market. Chile de arbol might be a little tougher.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Stoater
    Options
    You should be able to get mace at any Indian market. Chile de arbol might be a little tougher.
    Is there an indian market in the GTA, that's great news on the charcoal by the way when I called she said 14.50 but didn't know what the quantity break was.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    If you want dehydrated chile de arbol you can get it at the Kensington market or St. Lawrence but fresh I would just substitude Thai bird chilis. You may have a little trouble finding an Indian market but there are a couple around. :)

Steve 

Caledon, ON