Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

great resource

Options
Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I know this has been mentioned a number of times but I’d like to add my kudos for this forum. For all I’ve spent on the BGE and accessories at least half the value has come from this forum. Every question answered or at least leads provided to the answers. New tools and techniques I would NEVER come up with on my own.  It is beyond "hobby". Thanks and happy grillin’ bob
My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    +1 Bob. I've had my Egg a little over a year, and have found this forum the best resource I could ever hope for. While I hope my posts have helped some, I feel I've learned much more than I have contributed. You can't ask for a better source of info.
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Options
    +1.  The only downside to this forum is it makes many cook books obsolete in some ways.  I have a few BBQ books I've bought, but find the information on the forum more up to date, and more easy to understand "why" something works better, rather than just taking an authors word for it.

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Thats the thing about this forum there is no right or wrong, just lots of alternatives and the most important thing - the encouragement to try something, if needed, good advice is only a post away. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

+1! It quickly becomes more than a hobby and borders on obsession. I've learned so much here, I just hope that I've been able to help others as well.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GreenEggAndMan
    Options
    This site is truly amazing, one day you're cooking Kraft Mac and Cheese the next your are a five star chef. The people on this site are great and offer a ton of info as well as some great constructive criticism. I am also new here and I look forward to being a long time member. Welcome!
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    It is beyond "hobby".

Massive understatement!  "Obsessive" comes to mind.   I agree with previous sentiments.  I have learned a lot after being on this forum for only a short while.  Lots of great ideas, advice, recipes.  All fueled by a slightly manic community.  Enjoy!
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.