Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Marinated Pork Loin Chops and Veggies

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,275
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Pork loin cut into chops and marinated in Dichiko's Garlic.  Done on the LBGE with a raised grid at 400.  Took 10 minutes to a side to reach 160 inside.

Veggies were done on the XL with a half load.  They were on for 30 minutes before I did the meat, and were stirred every 10 minutes.

Pics to follow.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• Pics
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • How thick we're the chops? If mine are thick enough, I usually cook to about 145F internal. You may want to try in the future if you haven't done so. Your chops sounds good.
    XL BGE
    ·
  • 140 to 160 is my target.  I got these a little more well done, but they were still not dry.

Pasquali Luciano

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    looks great Doc as always thanks for sharing 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • Wow. The pics must've been posted while I was typing. That finished plate looks great!
    XL BGE
    ·
  • Wow. The pics must've been posted while I was typing. That finished plate looks great!
    For some reason, if I post pics in the original message, I can't see them later.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Looks great doc!
    ·
  • Hey Doc meaning no disrespect but your veggies look similar and very tasty each time.  Do you use fresh and but have a tried and true method of slicing up or do you use a packaged mix.  I have been trying to find a packaged mix to help cut down on time prepping, now that the kiddos are back in school.
    ·
  • Hey Doc meaning no disrespect but your veggies look similar and very tasty each time.  Do you use fresh and but have a tried and true method of slicing up or do you use a packaged mix.  I have been trying to find a packaged mix to help cut down on time prepping, now that the kiddos are back in school.
    Our veggies are pretty much the same during the week.  Part of our success with changing our eating has been to find veggies we could use routinely but not burn out on.  These are always fresh, I cut them of each cook.  Carrot chips on the bottom (from our food processor), peppers, zucchini, onions, and garlic.  Tonight I threw some asparagus tips in.  They take a lot longer to prepare than the meat.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Ok, they always look so great!! Mine no so!  
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,689
    edited September 2012
    Excellent Doc, just excellent. 
    We have been putting our veggies in their own little foil pouch lately, much like you layered. The advantage is we can select our choice of mix. Much like Lizzie asked, I found the size of the cut veggie has a lot to do with success. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·