Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled Pork

Medic72072Medic72072 Posts: 23
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Whats the best way you've found to reheat pulled pork the days after its made?  Any good suggestions so it won't dry out?

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• BadongBadong Posts: 126
    I use a skillet and either some sauce or a tiny bit of oil.
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,862
    I reheat in the microwave on low. 
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• I reheat in the microwave on low. 

Ditto
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 934
    This is what we do. Put the pulled pork in a zip lock bag...add some coke, not diet and just cover the meat. Bring some water in a 2 qt pot to a boil put the zip lock in the water for a couple of minutes. The meat will get warm and the coke will add moisture. Drain and serve. The sauce you use will cover the coke taste.    :-c

Alexander City,Al
  • I reheat mine in a crockpot. Toss it in, add some apple juice to keep in moist, and heat on low - high if short on time. To me, it's almost as good as fresh off the Egg.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions!  
  • I reheat in the microwave on low. 
    Ditto
    Again.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Vacuum seal the left overs, put a small vent hole in the bag, into the microwave on 50% setting and reheat.  Seems to do well for me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,580
    This is what we do. Put the pulled pork in a zip lock bag...add some coke, not diet and just cover the meat. Bring some water in a 2 qt pot to a boil put the zip lock in the water for a couple of minutes. The meat will get warm and the coke will add moisture. Drain and serve. The sauce you use will cover the coke taste.    :-c

Why not use just H2O. Dont have to cover the taste of coke but will still get moisture. Sorry, please explain the need for "coke".

Why not apple juice?

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• In a shallow pan covered with aluminum foil, in the oven at a bit less than 200 - no boiling of the water...