Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new Egg- and Weber table is ready!

JPBVW
JPBVW Posts: 7
edited August 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Finally after one and a half week work my BBQ table is ready ! It is not so very common to have a " Kitchen" like this in The Netherlands since we are not such a fanatic BBQ nation. I'm pretty proud of it!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8027/7849909572_dbd8fde703.jpg

| Weber OTP 57 | Mini BGE | Low & Slow |

| Holland | Europe |

Comments

• Very nice, what kind of wood is that.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    very nice work 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • JPBVW
    Its a basic frame of European hardwood, (Larix) the top is made of underlayment and coated several times. all the other is Bankiray

| Holland | Europe |

• Beautiful table!

1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    I don't care if it's in the Netherlands or not, that is a very nice table.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Thats a good looking table, very functional as well.  But.... I did not see a bottle opener?
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Thats a good looking table, very functional as well.  But.... I did not see a bottle opener?
    Great table, I'll bet the neighbours are jealous. 
    Maybe no opener is required because he is a Grolsch man, they come in snap top bottles!!! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Very nice table!!!!
  • I like it a lot. Great job.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Very Nice!!! Looks great on your patio.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• JPBVW
    Thats a good looking table, very functional as well.  But.... I did not see a bottle opener?
    Great table, I'll bet the neighbours are jealous. 
    Maybe no opener is required because he is a Grolsch man, they come in snap top bottles!!! 

Hahahaha...You got it!

| Holland | Europe |

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    very nice.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That is beautiful work!   A large egg would fit nicely in that hole on the left...maybe even an XL ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JPBVW
    edited August 2012
    That is beautiful work!   A large egg would fit nicely in that hole on the left...maybe even an XL ;)
    Yep!!..that could be a nice idea..though the Eggs here in Europe are extremely expensive!..so all I could afford was a mini..:-).

| Holland | Europe |

• Skiddymarker
    JPBVW said:
    Yep!!..that could be a nice idea..though the Eggs here in Europe are extremely expensive!..so all I could afford was a mini..:-).
    If you get a chance, could you tell us what prices are? Just the basic egg, Mini (ALGE1), Small (ASHD1), Medium (AMHD1), Large (ALHD1) and Extra Large (AXLHD1). 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • I really like it! Is that a performer lid? I didn't know the OTG had a therm in the lid like the performer? Nice work!
  • JPBVW
    JPBVW said:
    If you get a chance, could you tell us what prices are? Just the basic egg, Mini (ALGE1), Small (ASHD1), Medium (AMHD1), Large (ALHD1) and Extra Large (AXLHD1). 

Uuhhmm...Prices in Euro Mini: 530 Small: 750 Medium: 900 Large: 1200 Xl: 1600 These prices are approx. and for the Egg only, no nest no nothing...

| Holland | Europe |

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited August 2012
    Wow, so a large BGE is about $1600 US in Holland, which is twice what I paid. But you guys get the best buds so it's a trade off. Love the table and glad to see you are a Weber fan as well B-)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Skiddymarker
    Amazing - although given the distance and weight, suppose it makes sense. Interesting that even though the $CDN is par with the $US, our numbers are almost the same as yours, only in $CDN.
    In Canada, the medium is $900, the large is $1100 and the XL is $1500. 

We do have the advantage of being able to drive to the US to pick up an Egg. We have NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) similar to the Euro zone, except alcohol is not included. 

Keep egging, let me know how the first stamppot comes out.... wit a Grolsch of course.