Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DP Rub for a "Fattie"?

Options
bettysnephew
bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Going to try a fattie tomorrow morning for breakfast sandwiches. (Jimmy Dean Sage sausage log rolled in rub and grilled to 165° internal on 250° grid).  I have the DP sampler pack, any suggestions which rub to use?
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Quit talking about me!  But I'll take the rub.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    The swamp venom is good ( a little spicy), the Raging River has some maple that would be good with sausage, and the dizzy dust is probably the go-to rub for pork. I just bought five or six bottles, and honestly, they're all good so far.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • bettysnephew
    Options
    Dusted with DP Pineapple head and in the Egg. 
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • bettysnephew
    Options
    What a neat and simple breakfast treat.  I don't particularly like breakfast sausage, but this was really good.  Apparently the time in the Egg renders out the majority of the fat and also imparts a great flavor.  Most likely will do this again as the wife liked it also. Maybe try the Maple version next time.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa