Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Grilled CheeKan

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Sometimes simple is just the way to go, whether you're just tired, too busy or don't feel like cooking. Last night fell into the second two categories. Been real busy getting ready for our trip and didn't feel like going to the store. So a quick meal was in order.

Chicken was pounded to a uniform thickness, seasoned with Cavender's Greek Seasoning and tossed on at 400F, no wood cuz honestly.....I didn't even think about it. Went for about 14 minutes (I kept time this time) until it hit 160. Some spare-a-goose went on when it was about done.

It was served up with some salad (gotta use up them veggies before you go outta town)

Simple, quick and tasty. Ain't nufin' wrong with that.  :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Looks great! K.I.S.S. is always good :)

LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Nice, I've also been doing some simple meals lately.  Mainly for health though, I've been doing grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts direct on a raised grid instead of my usual friday night ribeyes.  Not quite the same, but still very good. Pounding them flatter like you did really makes a difference too.
  • Griffin
    We've been trying to eat a bit healtheir as well.

Rowlett, Texas

• What is the difference caused by pounding the chicken flat? What do you use? Is the method for doing as basic as pounding it with a mallet until it's flat? Would you still pound it flat when brining? If so, before brining or after? Thanks for the info.
  • Griffin
    I find that pounding it to a uniform thickness helps it cook evenly. Otherwise one side of the breast always seems thicker and one edge ir really thin. The this side tends to dry out by the time the thick side is done. I use a meat tenderizer mallet thingee to pound it. Not sure on the brine. Think it would work either way.

Rowlett, Texas