Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Hauler

Sgt93
Sgt93 Posts: 728
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
The kids talked me into getting a 2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited and we are loving it. I had a 97 Wrangler years ago and the changes are amazing. The ride quality is great, tons of room, and lots of comfort features. Now I need someone to weld me up a Small Egg carrier for the back of her :)) (seriously).
XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93

Comments

• Very nice...no BGE green as a color option?
    XL BGE
  • Sweet man! I had a 06 TJ for years then had to upgrade and grow out of my college lifestyle. Enjoy it! I bet someone can make u a good holder!

XLBGE 
  • Sgt93
    edited August 2012
    Very nice...no BGE green as a color option?
    They don't have a BGE Green, I checked! There is a Commando Green that they just started taking orders for, no match though. :)
  • Sgt93
    Sweet man! I had a 06 TJ for years then had to upgrade and grow out of my college lifestyle. Enjoy it! I bet someone can make u a good holder!
    My thoughts exactly.

We rented a Jeep while vacationing in St Croix and my kids fell in love (2 door). The Unlimited has a ton of room and rides great. Still can't believe how much they have changed over the years.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

You know what Jeep stands for? Just Empty Every Pocket. :)) Nice looking Jeep. Got any plans for it?

I had an '04 rubicon running on 35's.

Put it through its paces while I had it.

Kinda got out of wheeling, though. And the gas was killing me at 60 miles a day roundtrip to work.

It was fun while I had it (sold it this past Feb.) Still miss it. Someday I'll get another one as a second vehicle.image

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin

Oh....one more. Pucker factor was high in this picture.

Rowlett, Texas

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited August 2012
    I'm saving my pennies for my own Wrangler Unlimited, but am trying to decide between the Sahara and the Rubicon.  There's features on each that I could do without, but will probably go with the Sahara, when the time comes (even though I don't like the painted fenders).

I would've thought the black forest green pearl would've been a good match for the BGE. My first preference on color would be the detonator yellow (not currently offered), then good ol' bright white. Gotta have the black hard top, though. I think the body-colored hard tops make them look like Hummer wannabees.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Griffin
    @ShedFarm If you aren't going to offroad it, you really don't "need" the Rubicon package. Its nice to have the bigger axles and locking differentials (and lower gearing), but to tell you the truth, once I got out of offroading, I never used them. Although I do believe it got me a higher selling price int he end.

Rowlett, Texas

• Sgt93

Oh....one more. Pucker factor was high in this picture.

Nice! I'm not quite sure what I want to do to it yet. I went crazy on my F250 and was lucky to recoup a good portion of the mods when I sold her. Only time will tell :)
  • Sgt93
    I'm saving my pennies for my own Wrangler Unlimited, but am trying to decide between the Sahara and the Rubicon.  There's features on each that I could do without, but will probably go with the Sahara, when the time comes (even though I don't like the painted fenders).

I would've thought the black forest green pearl would've been a good match for the BGE. My first preference on color would be the detonator yellow (not currently offered), then good ol' bright white. Gotta have the black hard top, though. I think the body-colored hard tops make them look like Hummer wannabees.
    Black Forest Green is being discontinued shortly if it hasn't been already.
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    I still have my XJ 99 and its got around 260,000Kms. Runs as good as new. Congrats on your new purchase, but got to say the black  is a killer down here in Mexico as it gets up to 120ºF. White is a nice option but got to love the metallic orange!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • Sgt93
    I agree, black is hotter than a mofo but I love it on a Jeep. I also have auto climate and auto start so I can start it and cool it before I get in it. Jeeps have come a long way!
  • 6speed?

XLBGE 
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I just turned 42, so I guess I'm still living the college lifestyle. This is my weekend warrior:Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Nice Jeeps guys. I have a stock 01' xj (seen in background), but my baby that I'm building while I drive is a 69' bronco.
  • Sgt93 nice looking Jeep!
  • Sgt93
    Brownie said:

Nice Jeeps guys. I have a stock 01' xj (seen in background), but my baby that I'm building while I drive is a 69' bronco.

Nice!
  • Sgt93

Sgt93 nice looking Jeep!

Thanks, loving it :)
  • Sgt93

6speed?

I thought long and hard on this one. Wife can't drive a manual (negative and a positive :)) ), chicago traffic, resale (if I ever do, manuals are a dying breed). If I ordered, I was leaning towards the manual but probably would have still gotten the auto, don't know.
  • Griffin
    Nice bronco!

Rowlett, Texas

• Snowren24
    Snowren24 Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    very nice, thought about going with black, but I just couldn't get another black vehicle. Here's my JKU
  • I had one of these, that looked just like this one except for the bumper mounted lights.  Mine also had a big red light on the hood because I was a volunteer fireman.

http://www.expeditionswest.com/vehicles/ewvehicles/Land_Cruiser_FJ40/index.html

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Brownie said:

winner, winner, chicken dinner. Love those old broncs, blazers, and scouts
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • very nice ride! I just picked up a 2008 jk unlimited rubicon a couple months ago! I think the jeep addiction is worse then the egg! JEEP - just empty every pocket. Coming in short order, 2.5 lift, 35's, full set of ACE bumpers sliders and  fenders....the list goes on and on
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Brownie said:

Nice ride brownie!....that's my dream ride!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    heck of a job, brownie!
    Very nice!  I picked up a 2010 model in Jan of 2011.   I almost went with a green one but decided to go black as well.  

Mine is not nearly as pimped out as your rubi!  I got the "mountain package" that was offered in 2010.  It was basically a sport with rubi wheels, Sahara side steps, and other cosmetic stuff like the tail lamp guards and gas cap.  I replaced the side steps with Ace rock rails when I read in the owners manual that they should be removed before going off road.  I removed them once...and sold em :).  

I have really enjoyed mine.  It came with the hard top, so after taking it off once I quickly purchased a hoist (Lange).  Even with the hoist, I found I wanted a soft top as well so I got the Supertop NX.   So, it was pretty easy to drop an extra $1500 or so in the first year!  I have managed to keep it somewhat in check...no lift, bumpers, winch, bigger tires...yet. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• did you ever find someone to weld a carrier? I have a 2013 jeep and would love to carry my medium big green egg behind it. If you know someone who would weld something together for me send me a message. 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    edited August 2015
    NM, old thread
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.