Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chicken Thighs 8-3-12

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,025
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well marinated in Dichickos Garlic.  Looks dark in the photos, but that is the skin and marinade, the underlying meat is juicy and tender.

Direct cook, raised grid at about 400.  Took 30 minutes with several flips.

Pics to follow.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,025
    Pics

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    Looks fine as frog hair split three ways.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Doc!  Help me!  I'm suffering from Chicken Thigh Enviosis!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• TitanmanTitanman Posts: 30
    Looks great. Wished I had some right now.
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 893
    Looks good, great skin!

Gerhard
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,307
    DUDE! Thunder Thighs! (We're 'dark meat people'!) We do thighs all the time, mostly skinless boneless marinaded overnight in Italian dressing. Same deal, 400F raised direct. Definitely a family and crowd favorite. And cook, too, they're simple and quick. Is that TONS of garlic in the stir fry? Or what? That pan is interesting, too, looks like a seived wok. Just added it to my 'list'.
    DUDE! Thunder Thighs! (We're 'dark meat people'!) We do thighs all the time, mostly skinless boneless marinaded overnight in Italian dressing. Same deal, 400F raised direct. Definitely a family and crowd favorite. And cook, too, they're simple and quick. Is that TONS of garlic in the stir fry? Or what? That pan is interesting, too, looks like a seived wok. Just added it to my 'list'.
    We're smoking turkey thighs today.  And, yes, we do like a lot of garlic.

• timekpr1timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Doc - how do you like your Williams Sonoma sieve?  I was looking at them my last trip there.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • lensegglensegg Posts: 35
    Doc... I took out a package of thighs earlier this morning, went online to get a recipe, and read your post.  If I can do ALMOST as good as you did I'll be happy.  Thanks for all the good stuff you take the time to post.
  • lensegglensegg Posts: 35
    Doc, or all, I should have included this with my last post:  in your pics you cooked the veggies separately from the chicken.  Is there a setup I can use to cook them both at the same time so one doesn't get cold before the other is ready?
    Doc, or all, I should have included this with my last post:  in your pics you cooked the veggies separately from the chicken.  Is there a setup I can use to cook them both at the same time so one doesn't get cold before the other is ready?
    I cooked them on two BGEs so I could use two temps.  If I did a single I would either load a one side pile of lump for direct and indirect, and try to balance them back an forth, or go cooler and longer on the meat to accommodate the veggies.  Another option is to reheat the veggies.  They microwave surprisingly well.  Cook them first and reheat as necessary.

Doc - how do you like your Williams Sonoma sieve?  I was looking at them my last trip there.
    Love it.  Done everything from popcorn, to shrimp, to veggies in it.