Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Thighs 8-3-12

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well marinated in Dichickos Garlic.  Looks dark in the photos, but that is the skin and marinade, the underlying meat is juicy and tender.

Direct cook, raised grid at about 400.  Took 30 minutes with several flips.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Pics

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Looks fine as frog hair split three ways.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Doc!  Help me!  I'm suffering from Chicken Thigh Enviosis!

Flint, Michigan
  • Titanman
    Titanman Posts: 30
    Options
    Looks great. Wished I had some right now.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    Looks good, great skin!

Gerhard
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    DUDE! Thunder Thighs! (We're 'dark meat people'!) We do thighs all the time, mostly skinless boneless marinaded overnight in Italian dressing. Same deal, 400F raised direct. Definitely a family and crowd favorite. And cook, too, they're simple and quick. Is that TONS of garlic in the stir fry? Or what? That pan is interesting, too, looks like a seived wok. Just added it to my 'list'.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    DUDE! Thunder Thighs! (We're 'dark meat people'!) We do thighs all the time, mostly skinless boneless marinaded overnight in Italian dressing. Same deal, 400F raised direct. Definitely a family and crowd favorite. And cook, too, they're simple and quick. Is that TONS of garlic in the stir fry? Or what? That pan is interesting, too, looks like a seived wok. Just added it to my 'list'.
    We're smoking turkey thighs today.  And, yes, we do like a lot of garlic.

• timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
    Doc - how do you like your Williams Sonoma sieve?  I was looking at them my last trip there.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • lensegg
    lensegg Posts: 35
    Options
    Doc... I took out a package of thighs earlier this morning, went online to get a recipe, and read your post.  If I can do ALMOST as good as you did I'll be happy.  Thanks for all the good stuff you take the time to post.
  • lensegg
    lensegg Posts: 35
    Options
    Doc, or all, I should have included this with my last post:  in your pics you cooked the veggies separately from the chicken.  Is there a setup I can use to cook them both at the same time so one doesn't get cold before the other is ready?
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Doc, or all, I should have included this with my last post:  in your pics you cooked the veggies separately from the chicken.  Is there a setup I can use to cook them both at the same time so one doesn't get cold before the other is ready?
    I cooked them on two BGEs so I could use two temps.  If I did a single I would either load a one side pile of lump for direct and indirect, and try to balance them back an forth, or go cooler and longer on the meat to accommodate the veggies.  Another option is to reheat the veggies.  They microwave surprisingly well.  Cook them first and reheat as necessary.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Doc - how do you like your Williams Sonoma sieve?  I was looking at them my last trip there.
    Love it.  Done everything from popcorn, to shrimp, to veggies in it.