Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody tried Simply Marvelous Rubs?

Cullum
Cullum Posts: 215
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Heard good things about them but not tried them. Anyone used any of these rubs?

Comments

• hogsfan
    hogsfan Posts: 128
    I've tried a lot of rubs, and these (and Plowboys) are my favorite out of all of them. The service is outstanding and the shipping is really cheap. I've got no vested interested in the company...just a big fan.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    ^+1 I've tried all of them except for the Peppered Cow (I have it but haven't opened it yet) and they're good stuff! My favorite pairings of their rubs: Sweet & Spicy - pork steaks & country style "ribs" Spicy Apple - pork ribs Sweet Seduction - pork or chicken Cherry Rub - pork shoulder w/Plowboys Yardbird (mentioned by hogsfan), or chicken Season All - sometimes use lightly as a base layer & top w/a coat of another rub Here's a shot of some Season All & Spicy Apple ribs (rack in front was not sauced): http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/R2Egg2Q/BBQ/IMG_1888.jpg
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mattlock
    Mattlock Posts: 64
    Wow, those are some very reasonable prices...especially for high quality stuff.  Is there a way, or specials run for free shipping?

I would love to try this...

Get one 16oz shaker of each of the current rubs (7 total):

Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy Rub, Simply Marvelous Season All, Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub, Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub, Simply Marvelous Apple Rub, Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction and Peppered Cow.

$65.99 + $10.85 shipping = $76.74 Total

($10.97\16 oz bottle total)

I Google'd coupon code and tested "Brethren" and it works, but they make you use standard shipping so the total ended up being $74.04.  If you were placing a larger order you'd save more.

Newbie Egghead - Just got a LBGE at the Georgia Eggfest! Life is Good!
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    I can vouch, it's great stuff! I love the simply marvelous and the sweet and spicy. I'm a competing member of the BBQ brethren and they're (simply marvelous) is an upstanding guy. I can also reccomend, anything by obie-que. The slabs. big mista bbq and 3 eyz. Honestly, by the time you buy all the ingredients you'd need to make up a batch of rub, it's almost always cheaper to just buy 3-5 containers of different brands and try them all!
  • Thanks for the tips. I'll be ordering some up
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Cullum
    Cullum Posts: 215
    Wow, those are some very reasonable prices...especially for high quality stuff.  Is there a way, or specials run for free shipping?

I would love to try this...

Get one 16oz shaker of each of the current rubs (7 total):

Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy Rub, Simply Marvelous Season All, Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub, Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub, Simply Marvelous Apple Rub, Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction and Peppered Cow.

$65.99 + $10.85 shipping = $76.74 Total

($10.97\16 oz bottle total)

I Google'd coupon code and tested "Brethren" and it works, but they make you use standard shipping so the total ended up being $74.04.  If you were placing a larger order you'd save more.

What website takes the "brethren" code?
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Their online store is at: http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store

I can't remember if it is there or in Paypal that you can enter the discount code. The discount is intended for members of the BBQ-Brethen forum (no charge to join but access is limited somewhat on a free membership). From time to time they post up specials on their "Brethren Ventures" area.

I'm not sure if Simply Marvelous got their online store's shipping charges set up for USPS delivery but he was shipping 2-3 bottle orders in priority mail envelopes & it resulted in lower shipping charges (I had the difference refunded to me via PayPal).
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA