Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey you. Yes, you lurkers who are not posting.

Comments

• 100$ bet cuzz you used the words "say" you've lived in Wisconsin and Texas before. :)

so am I wrong?
    Your right-how about me?
    From Austin Tx. Lived in sconny for 6 years then moved back.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458

100$ bet cuzz you used the words "say" you've lived in Wisconsin and Texas before. :)

so am I wrong?
    Your right-how about me?
    There is nothing wrong with Wisconsin, don't cha know, and we don't have accents.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • turok
    turok Posts: 28
    I sculked about the forum while being approved, but i tend to ask more questions since i have only been an egger for 2 months. Dont have input on much. Thanks for the wealth of knowledge that abounds here.
  • troutgeek said:

100$ bet cuzz you used the words "say" you've lived in Wisconsin and Texas before. :)

so am I wrong?
    Your right-how about me?
    There is nothing wrong with Wisconsin, don't cha know, and we don't have accents.

I loved it up there but it never felt like home. Plus, it's cold as hell in winter. Not my thing. Going to a wedding for some friends new years's eve. Taking the kids to the dells and skiing at granite peak while we are there. Can't wait.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Cazzy, this is how you make lump from chicken wings Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• khristyjeff
    khristyjeff Posts: 163
    Travis, trying your grouper bake today.  Entire family doesn't care for fish but if any fish recipe could get a thumbs up in our home, I'm guessing this is the one!  
  • 3under
    3under Posts: 19
    well as a fellow lurker I had a successful overnite cook.  The shoulder is off and pulled waiting on smokey beans to cook for a few hours. Then time to strap on the feed bag. 
  • gumbo_bill
    gumbo_bill Posts: 35
    I hesitate to articulate for fear that I might deviate from the course of rectitude.   I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.   Keep on Grilling....
  • :-B

Funny though
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453

so am I wrong? Your right-how about me?
    Your right too, yet...don't know why I keep using yet....just can't stop yet. Maybe someday :)
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    I had my egg 3 years before discovering this forum. Lurking has improved my cooking skills and introduced me to some cool accessories. Maybe lurking's another word for researching. Thanks to everyone who partcipates and shares their passion for The Big Green Egg. http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg509/Jlacy3/9c02e523.jpg
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 18
    I hesitate to articulate for fear that I might deviate from the course of rectitude.  

I believe the actual Fish answer was (at least it was in 1961): I hesitate to articulate for fear I may deviate from the TRUE course of rectitude.  In short, sir, I am a very dumb Fish and do not know,  SIR.

Gig 'em.

• Gunstock
    Gunstock Posts: 16
    Yep, I'm a lurker!  Same thing on Facebook, read, but rarely post.  I will try to do better on here.  I have only had my XL BGE since Fathers day and I absolutely love it.  I found this site about a week before I purchased it.  Thanks for all of the valuable information that many of you post.  So far I have done a Pork Butt that was great along with several rib cooks, ABT's,pizza, and Spatcock chicken.  Today is 2 racks of ribs and maybe some Lamb chops.  Anxious to do a brisket, but a little nervous still.   I will try one soon.
  • Yep, I'm a lurker!  Same thing on Facebook, read, but rarely post.  I will try to do better on here.  I have only had my XL BGE since Fathers day and I absolutely love it.  I found this site about a week before I purchased it.  Thanks for all of the valuable information that many of you post.  So far I have done a Pork Butt that was great along with several rib cooks, ABT's,pizza, and Spatcock chicken.  Today is 2 racks of ribs and maybe some Lamb chops.  Anxious to do a brisket, but a little nervous still.   I will try one soon.
    Lizzy can walk you through the brisket when you are ready. Just leave out the part where you throw your iPhone into the fire :))

We are glad to help when you are ready. Read Lizzy's thread and laugh and learn. Lot of good info on there
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2012
    ShedFarm said:

lousubcap said:

Anyone wonder how you get lump charcoal?

I think Cazzy creates his own, by simply burning whatever is being cooked.  X_X

Reminds me of the "burnt offerings" thread...
    I'm offended...I've never burnt anything in my life. My wife calls it "well cooked", "cooked to completion" or "death by fire".

If it wasn't on a egg and a less forgiving pit, I prolly would have ruined a bunch of good meat by now. :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Mickey said:

Cazzy, this is how you make lump from chicken wings
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Looks great!! What were they seasoned with??

• cazzy said:

Mickey said:

Royal oak.
  • cazzy

cazzy said:

Mickey said:

Royal oak.

=))
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Seasoned with FIRE
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Cazzy, this is how you make lump from chicken wings Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Royal oak.
    I suspect alcohol may have been involved as well... :)  You know - you go inside to get another beer and get sidetracked by the kids or the spouse or the dog...  Next thing you know, your making charcoal.

Former lurker, by the way.  Got my egg about a month ago.  Two racks of ribs cookin' right now.

• JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    edited July 2012
    Oh the irony, 1.2k views, 81 quotes :(( I just never find I have much to add, being in a different time zone to most of you folks means that by the time I've read it, you've answered it.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Alright, it's me running up the counter. I read the forum through the Wii in the morning when I eat breakfast. I can sign in, but it doesn't allow me to comment. The comment box is there, but the cursor won't activate inside it..... I was wondering how many feelings would be hurt by posts with high views and few comments.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I'm lurking yet. Deciding between the XL BGE or Fast Eddy PG1000. Hopefully be deciding sooner than later....maybe get both eventually

The XL BGE seems to be far more versatile than the pellet grill.  The 3/4 inch of insulation probably helps it be efficient but I can't imagine it being any better than ceramic.  The 2 year limited warranty would make me a little nervous as well.  Either way - good luck and happy lurking.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    I know a lot of people that swear by pellet cookers, but I just personally have a lot of reservations about them.
    XL BGE
  • Plcharfoon
    Plcharfoon Posts: 32
    Guilty as charged...I've had my Egg for about a year now and learned a ton from the forum. It's much too late in coming but here is my Thanksgiving cook with two 18 pound spatchcocked turkeys. Will try to contribute more from now on!
  • BGE4Life
    BGE4Life Posts: 34
    You guys all cook much more elaborate things than I do.  I use the egg almost every day and many days more than once so I am going to have to get more adventurous.  I am cooking an 8.5lb sirloin tip roast right now for dinner.  I will take some pics when done and try to post them. If it tastes good, I will include the recipe.  My wife is looking for shredded beef and I am gluten free so I have to be careful with store bought seasonings.  I am looking for a good almond flour pizza crust if anyone has one let me know.  I want a thin crispy low carb crust. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Just so i won't be accused of lurking, I'll say something.....SOMETHING. You guys know I speak my mind, I usally don't comment on brisket threads because by the time I open them Cen-Tex and Travis and others have already covered.

Been having a great weekend, glad to have the Mrs back in town for awhile, but haven't managed to fire up the Egg yet. Bout to go to the store to get some kind of meat for it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    I'm lurking yet. Deciding between the XL BGE or Fast Eddy PG1000. Hopefully be deciding sooner than later....maybe get both eventually

The XL BGE seems to be far more versatile than the pellet grill.  The 3/4 inch of insulation probably helps it be efficient but I can't imagine it being any better than ceramic.  The 2 year limited warranty would make me a little nervous as well.  Either way - good luck and happy lurking.
    Thanks. I may flip a coin. The FE 1000PG would be the only pellet grill I would consider. It cold smokes, slow & low and sears grate get around 900 degrees on the direct side. But I have thought about the mechanical side of thing also. The BGE is a great cooker also and no mechanical to worry about and from what I have read holds a steady temp.
  • BGE4Life
    BGE4Life Posts: 34
    Here is the roast.  Turned out great with Black Pepper, Garlic Salt, and Cinnamon rub.  8.5lbs seven hours at 300 dome temp.  Foiled for the last two hours.
  • We could sure use your input. Even if you just offer some encouragement to those of us who do post. 

Now that we have a view counter, its obvious that there are a lot of you out there not contributing to the forum and I'm on to you.

I use this forum as a learning tool, kinda like an eggpedia. Those of you that do post thanks alot you have helped me through a lot of cooks.