Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breaking the diet tonight

Options
Eller
Eller Posts: 56
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just put on some St. Louis style spares at 1:00. I am unable to  to fiddle with them for the next 5 hours. I am doing Dizzy Pig for the rub and keeping the dome temperature at 225. This is my first time not foiling them and saucing them. Please give some feedback.

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This is the way I do them so I hope you like em.

i Never foil but i do lightly brush with sauce and let it caramelize right at the finish
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eller
    Options

Cen Tex,

What sauce is your favorite?

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Cen Tex,

What sauce is your favorite?

I use Salt Lick sauce on my ribs. it's unreal. it's not like any you've had- it's oil and vinegar based with no tomato sauce or mustard base. Crazy stuff.

I have hard bone sucking sauce is the go-to around here and will try that next. Looks really good and it's more available in more areas than Salt lick. If you can't get Salt Lick where you live, you can get it online at saltlickbbq.com

Good folks and good rub and sauce. Don't get the spicy one. just get the original sauce and you'll be happy
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    Options
    Eller I only do them without foil they turn out great. I make my own rub I've been doing it for years. And as Cen-Tex said sauce at the end. Post pixs if you can. 
  • Eller
    Options

Rich_ie,

This cook will be done at 5:58 PST. Pictures to follow. Thanks for the info. Take it easy.

• Eller
    Options
    I did a decent cook tonight I would like to share with everyone. St. Louis spares at 225 degrees for 5 hours. I used Kroger ribs coated with French's yellow mustard and Dizzy's Red Eye Express rub. I used  Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty sauce for the last 15 minutes. My wife and mother gave me two thumbs on this cook.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Eggcelent.  Where are the veggies? 

I have some sort of beef ribs that have been in the freezer for 7 months since we bought the XL (they were part of the package).  I am going to do something with them Friday.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Eller
    Options
    Sorry Doc. I didn't get a pic of the veggies. But foiled yellow onion, baby bella shrooms, yellow squash, with EVOO and SPG. Veggies were on for 30 minutes. looking forward to your post on the beef ribs this week.