Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Spare Ribs

brewcityeggerbrewcityegger Posts: 93
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have done baby back ribs in the past, this was my first try at spare ribs. After I trimmed them, I rubbed mustard on them and covered with Head Country rub and then in the fridge for 24 hours. Today I got my coals going and had the egg at 263 put the ribs on indirect for 3 hours with apple wood for smoke. I sprayed the ribs every 15-20 mins with apple juice. After 3 hours I wrapped them in foil after applying salt, butter spray (I could not find the squeeze bottle of butter), and brown sugar, I then put them back on indirectly. After I removed them from the foil, they went back on indirectly for 1 hour. For the last 30 mins I applied "Bone Sucking Sauce." First time trying this sauce, loved it.

The ribs were great eating ribs, bad competeion ribs. The meat feel off of the bone. I really liked them. Did I cook them too high? Or should I modify it to 2-2-1?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

After the spray butter was applied

After the brown sugar

Comments