Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

large for sell in Boerne, Texas

2»

Comments

• Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    lolol.  I know how to pronounce it, but I don't know how to put letters together to simulate the sound of the "a".

Kinda like "eh", but more of an "ah". Somewhere in-between.
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I might be in the same boat soon with my FIL.
    That's horrible! If people just put a little time into learning the Egg, it is well worth it.  It took me very little time but I have used charcoal my whole life.  I assume former gas grillers have the most issues. 
    Yeah, he is in failing health and his mind has started to go. We started this project a few years too late. I'm going out tomorrow to help him get a brisket on. hopefully he will come around. He's cooked hundreds of Briskets over the years but just can't keep it all together these days.
    That really sucks, sorry to hear. I wish the best for your family.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • I might be in the same boat soon with my FIL.
    That's horrible! If people just put a little time into learning the Egg, it is well worth it.  It took me very little time but I have used charcoal my whole life.  I assume former gas grillers have the most issues. 
    Yeah, he is in failing health and his mind has started to go. We started this project a few years too late. I'm going out tomorrow to help him get a brisket on. hopefully he will come around. He's cooked hundreds of Briskets over the years but just can't keep it all together these days.
    Thanks Sarge. No worries here. Just spending some time with him and enjoying the ride.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    X2. Best wishes for some good health, and good times.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    +1

Dripping Springs, Texas
  • Thanks all. It's all good and we are having some fun with it so no worries on my end. He's a good dude and we are enjoying spending some time together around the smoky smell of lump and charred meat. I have a great pic of him when we took it out to him. That smile alone was worth all the fuss. I'll dig it up and post it. You'll all get a kick of of it. a 70 year old/4 year old on Christmas day :))

• FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    My all time favorite!!

Gracias!

Grassy-Ass!!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

You can buy one day old demos all around the state with warranty for that or a little less.

He might want to rethink the price a little.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Howdy Doody, have you been to King Tuts Tomb (Johnson Library) you have his speach pattern down perfectly!!!  Watched them build it in a past life...

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• It's on craigslist now for $799 -- too steep. There's also a medium for sale in Boerne with a nest for $600. What's up with all these Boerne residents giving up on their Eggs?!?

Mickey, at the Salado Eggfest, will there be small or mini demos for sale?
  • You can buy one day old demos all around the state with warranty for that or a little less.

He might want to rethink the price a little.

good call Mickey. It would have to be way less if it didn't have a warranty for me. I've used mine and know what it's worth
  • alexwolf1216
    alexwolf1216 Posts: 112
    Wasnt the deal at Costco a medium with nest for $599?
    San Antonio, TX. LBGE.
    Wolf Studios Photography
    http://www.wolfstudiosphotography.com