Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife thinks I've lost it

MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Having a huge cookout Sunday at my in laws for a bunch of church friends. My father in law has 4 brinkman barrel smokers. Plan is to do ribs chicken veggies and bacon explosions :)

Well I have just successfully loaded my lbge into my civic and am ready to smoke those trash cans labeled as smokers!!

Wife says a grills a grill and is made that she has to ride in the backseat cause I put the egg up front buckled in :)

XLBGE 

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    Ment the 4rth, not Sunday. Won't let me edit

XLBGE 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I did ABTs for first time this weekend, I really liked them. I did plain cream cheese, but next time I will throw in some fresh herbs. I don't want to do meat and cheese, but some guys do that here.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    I want to see a picture of that!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Got to work on her.  Mine wants to start cooking on the Eggs (and wants lessons), and suggested that maybe we need a Medium to add to the flock.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• MrCookingNurse
    I'll get pics in the am.

Doc I'm way off of having her cook on the egg. Grilling has always been y passion she's never understood.

XLBGE 
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    I'd like to shake your hand. You are a good man. I wish you luck getting back out of the dog house, I stand with your decision.
  • =)) Love it!! The Egg gets shotgun and she has to sit in the back. You didn't make her sit in the middle seat in the back did you??
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I'll get pics in the am.

Doc I'm way off of having her cook on the egg. Grilling has always been y passion she's never understood.
    Well, if she enjoys the food you can always resort to what our household calls ICYC (isee ysee) - I cook you clean :-)

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    LOL When we go to the inlaws we always eat before!! She knows!  :)>-
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I'm eager to see pics as I have the needed ingredients to recreate your recipe:

Civic - check
    LBGE - check
    Wife - check

:D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    You forgot the DOG HOUSE!!!!   =))
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited July 2012
    Moved it to the backseat this morning. Compromise makes for a longer marriage \m/

Here it is in the front ridding shotgun

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Backseat

XLBGE 
  • Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    Air bags have been known to injure people.  That's why babies must ride in the back seat.  No sense taking a chance with your Egg.  Good move !  :)
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    =))

Thank you, this forum always gives me a chance to show my wife, I'm not alone in this. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • MrCookingNurse
    You my friend are not alone! Haha for sure don't won't the air bag to hurt my egg!

XLBGE 
  • KingRover
    KingRover Posts: 115
    That's awesome . I bet that smells better than any air freshener or even new car smell.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Were you able to get it in there by yourself? I would love to take mine somewhere but am unsure if I could get it in the car. I had it delivered when I bought it so I have never moved it out of the nest. Only rolled it around the patio.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Ok -- the picture of the Egg in the front seat -- that should be your profile pic.   What a defining event.

Cookin in Texas
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    I saved the egg in the front seat pic, too funny. I sold my Civic si last year so I can relate. Whenever we had to go somewhere the dog would ride shotgun and the wife and daughter in the back.  
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    You are taking your Egg, in a Civic, to your father-in-law's house to show him up on his home turf.  I imagine it will be a quiet ride home.

I love it!
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • tdeater
    tdeater Posts: 38
    I love the EGG is riding shot gun, and you are going to show up the Father-in-Law!!!
  • MrCookingNurse
    Were you able to get it in there by yourself? I would love to take mine somewhere but am unsure if I could get it in the car. I had it delivered when I bought it so I have never moved it out of the nest. Only rolled it around the patio.

Take the inards out and then it's only about 90 lbs I'd guess. I could pick it up safely and easily place it with one hand in the front vent and other on the hinge. Make sure your nuts are tight!!

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    You are taking your Egg, in a Civic, to your father-in-law's house to show him up on his home turf.  I imagine it will be a quiet ride home.

I love it!
    Haha well put! I might be worse off then I am now!

But when everyone says those ribs are the best I've ever ate, I can ride home smiling :)

XLBGE 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Nothing like a good "Q" challenge for the 4th-and now that you have clearly established priorities be ready for some blowback-great story-good luck with the cook.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Nice, had to dig up this picture.  When I bought my Egg I had the shop assemble it, and had to bring it home in the front seat of my Infiniti.  Thankfully,  was alone so the fiance didn't have to ride in the back lol.

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Take the inards out and then it's only about 90 lbs I'd guess. I could pick it up safely and easily place it with one hand in the front vent and other on the hinge. Make sure your nuts are tight!!
    You are one, strong, dude!  It took us two people and a potlifter, to get my Egg (without innards) from my table and into the nest.  I'm thinking it's not just the Egg's nuts that have to be tight, to pull that one off!  :-\"
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • If you made her ride in the back, you would have lost "it"
    And for quite a while I'm guessing :D.

Well played moving that to the back seat.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    This may be the best thread I've ever seen on here!  Can't wait to hear how this all turns out.

Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    If you made her ride in the back, you would have lost "it"
    And for quite a while I'm guessing :D.

Well played moving that to the back seat.
    +1
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Airwolf
    Airwolf Posts: 76
    Make sure your nuts are tight!!

=))