Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Papa

Options
fletcherfam
fletcherfam Posts: 935
edited June 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Ok, so going to cook Papa Murphy's in the Egg tonight. Couple of questions.

1. On a large Egg what size pizza should I get (Large or Family)?
2. Should I cook it on the "cooking" sheet that it comes with or use parchment paper?

JT

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Guess it is too late to help but, largest pizza on your egg is 16" across - 15" is better. Use no bigger than a 16" stone on your legs down plate setter, no rack. Let the egg, setter and stone all warm together, sprinkle some corn meal on the stone just before you slide in the pie. Do not use the "cooking" sheet and no parchment needed. 

Use the temp suggestions on the pie until you try one, than adjust as required. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RAWRIGHT
    RAWRIGHT Posts: 8
    Options
    Large is perfect

• Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Options
    I take parchment paper with me and have PM place between the pizza and tray. I have a 14" stone and the large just fits. After 2 min at 500 I slide the pizza directly onto the stone and finish. Pizzas with less toppings seem to cook better and rotate on the stone every two min. Also, the Tai Chicken pizza is highly recommended.